• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Help: Some questions about DV Lottery

speedy1

HI, I wanted to ask some questions about dv lottery..

first.. if I entered and completed the form DV lottery in a country and I move to another country and I was selected as winner can I proceed in that country us embassy or I need to go back to the country I registered?

second.. If i was selected as a winner, will I need to pay the $330 for the first time or after all my documents have been checked? because I don't have 1 required document which is education. More like I paid $330 required document needed.. im afraid of that.

third.. About education papers, I would like to know about this, I don't have my education papers, they lost when I was fleeing from a conflict civil war country, so im afraid if they will they that or it's must whatever happens ?

You can move your country of interview.
But you have to find a copy of your proof of education somehow - you will be disqualified without it. While I am sure they will be sympathetic to your circumstances, by law they cannot grant you a DV if you can't show you meet the eligibility criteria.

As for fee payment - it varies by embassy. Some make you pay before they check any of your papers, others will check your papers first and tell you if they think you will be disqualified before you pay the fee. (But note, this is still before the interview with the consular officer who makes the final decision.)

Last edited: