Help-Renewing an Expired F1 Visa at US Consulate Abroad

Castor

Registered Users (C)
Our case is as follows,
The student's F-1 visa expired on December 2012, but the student is currently under F-1 status at a school in Texas as the student did not leave the U.S. and stayed under F-1 status.

Could the student's visa be renewed at a US Embassy abroad even if the student has an approved I-130 and is currently awaiting the priority date to file for the I-485?

The Designated School Official at the school has mentioned that he has done this renewal procedure multiple times for other students as long as proper letters from the school are brought with the student to the consular appointment.

Our concern is that the student would travel to get the visa renewed and get denied because of currently waiting for a priority date in the U.S for an I-485.

The reason for the visa renewal is to be able to travel for medical checks for treatment of a small brain tumor.

Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Our case is as follows,
The student's F-1 visa expired on December 2012, but the student is currently under F-1 status at a school in Texas as the student did not leave the U.S. and stayed under F-1 status.

Could the student's visa be renewed at a US Embassy abroad even if the student has an approved I-130 and is currently awaiting the priority date to file for the I-485?

The Designated School Official at the school has mentioned that he has done this renewal procedure multiple times for other students as long as proper letters from the school are brought with the student to the consular appointment.

Our concern is that the student would travel to get the visa renewed and get denied because of currently waiting for a priority date in the U.S for an I-485.

The reason for the visa renewal is to be able to travel for medical checks for treatment of a small brain tumor.

Your help would be greatly appreciated,
Hi there,
The F-1 visa is very essntial for any outsider student. for this issue i suggest you that please go to MAY 2011 VISA BULLETIN PREDICTIONS. i think this is a best sit for any problem like his. I am sure you have any of solution on this site.