Help Please!!!!

Timbuk3

Registered Users (C)
In 1998, I started my greencard process (EB2, India) through my employer. In 2000, applied for my Adjustment of Status (I-485). It has been almost two years and they are still working on the 485. In December 2001, I responded to an RFE they issued. There has been no other problem. Two months ago, I contacted the local senator\'s office and they have not been able to get any results. INS just keeps saying they need two more weeks.

In the meanwhile, in May of 2001, I married an American citizen. She lives in Pennsylvania and I live in New Hampshire. Since my process seemed so close to completion, I did not change to apply through her. We just continued to live apart hoping it will get resolved soon. (She cannot move to New Hampshire since she has a five year government grant she was awarded in 2000). Now it is almost a year since we were married and we are still living apart. We decided that this can\'t go on like this and I want to apply through her. Now we find out that I cannot apply in Pennsylvania unless I have been a resident there for at least 3 months. Since my process has taken so long, my H-1b has expired and I\'m on EAD. So, I cannot move to Pennsylvania to do that.

Please help us. What are your suggestions? THANK YOU