Help Please !! RFI Green card

bbawkb

Hello everyone i have been reading through this forum all the time since day 1 i moved here.

I was granted asylum 1 year ago and came the time for me to apply for the green card, i did gather everything and applied for it last month, did my biometrics and everything, however, unfortunately they updated the status online saying that they sent me a mail for RFI " Request for initial evidence " i did not receive the letter yet so im not sure what are the reasons or what they are actually requesting.

But i am wondering have any of you guys experienced that ? what was it about ? how do you respond to an RFI ? do you need a lawyer ? IS it something bad or good ? And also please let me know if i can post the reason when i receive the letter and if you could help me replying to it ?

Please guys any input would be so helpful and much appreciated .

Thank you so much and god bless

Hello everyone i have been reading through this forum all the time since day 1 i moved here.

I was granted asylum 1 year ago and came the time for me to apply for the green card, i did gather everything and applied for it last month, did my biometrics and everything, however, unfortunately they updated the status online saying that they sent me a mail for RFI " Request for initial evidence " i did not receive the letter yet so im not sure what are the reasons or what they are actually requesting.

But i am wondering have any of you guys experienced that ? what was it about ? how do you respond to an RFI ? do you need a lawyer ? IS it something bad or good ? And also please let me know if i can post the reason when i receive the letter and if you could help me replying to it ?

Please guys any input would be so helpful and much appreciated .

Thank you so much and god bless
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO HELP YOU OUT, BUT I DID SEARCH SOMETHING AND SHARE THE RESULTS WITH YOU AS BELOW.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-handle-request-evidence-rfe-from-uscis.html