Help needed wtih Prepaid shipping label for OCI...

Thank you milli.,

I partially cleared, if chance can you explain little further,
I would greatly appreciate your help.

Please guide me, FedEx setup for getting the print the labels.

1) http://www.fedex.com/us/
2) click on Register Now ?
3) once click on Register Now got following info

Choose the account option that meets your needs

a) Open a FedEx account
b) Use my account online
c) Get user ID only

Here which one is iam going to choose from a, or b or c

4) I heard Trivasa people given following instruction
If using a FedEx label, do not use a credit card number when filling out the billing information on the label.
You must provide a pre-paid air bill or provide a valid FedEx account number.

Can you explain little further for question 4

5) total cost for OCI + renouncing (myself + wife + 17 years kid + 12 years kid)

Thank you once again.

-usinsuser99

Choose a) open a fedex account.

What travisa says is not to use the fedex printed label(which you find in fedex office) where you can specify your credit card for payment. But when you print online using your fedex account, it would not have your credit card information in it.

When you fill out the travisa order form, it will automatically calculate the total cost.

Choose a) open a fedex account.

What travisa says is not to use the fedex printed label(which you find in fedex office) where you can specify your credit card for payment. But when you print online using your fedex account, it would not have your credit card information in it.

When you fill out the travisa order form, it will automatically calculate the total cost.

Thank you milli once again.,

While creating FedEx account

Asking Account type : there is check box --> This is Business Account
In this case , I won't check the check box , right ?

I created account, without checking the Accout type:

Then can you advise , me next step , FedEx.com

to get the both sending and receiving lables

Thanks
usinsuser99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you milli once again.,

While creating FedEx account

Asking Account type : there is check box --> This is Business Account
In this case , I won't check the check box , right ?

I created account, without checking the Accout type:

Then can you advise , me next step , FedEx.com

to get the both sending and receiving lables

Thanks
usinsuser99

Yes

Hi milli.,

I got question about kids "visible mark" column in OCI form.

Please advise , what iam going to do to fill that column.

Iam sure they did not have any records , if did know they visible marks or not

If they have, can i fill the visible mark column with mark location in OCI form without official record ?

thanks once again.,

usinsuser99

Hi milli.,

I got question about kids "visible mark" column in OCI form.

Please advise , what iam going to do to fill that column.

Iam sure they did not have any records , if did know they visible marks or not

If they have, can i fill the visible mark column with mark location in OCI form without official record ?

thanks once again.,

usinsuser99

No official records are required. It is just what you can see(like mole scar) which stays foreever. Just specify none if your kids don't have any.

Shipping Label for OCI and PIO

https colon indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/oci/guidelines
Current Nationality : US
Have you ever been a citizen of Bangladesh or Pakistan?* NO
Have you ever been a citizen of India?* Yes
If yes, enter Naturalization Date:
State of Residence:*
Service Type : New OCI Card
Click View Requirements.

On this you will find
https colon passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp
Complete the online OCI Online Application Form on the Indian Government's website.
When you complete the online portion, you will need to print out Part A and Part B.
After printing, complete and sign Part B.
You will need to submit both parts (A and B) along with your application.
You do not have to submit the instructions that will print after Part B.

Fill Out Travisa Order Form.
https colon indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/service-order-form and print the form all filled.

Go thru the Travisa order form and make sure you have all copies and papers you need.

SHIPPING LABEL

To create a FedEx Account :
Go http colon fedex.com/us/ clk Register Now/ Clk Open a FedEX account
On the new Window enter all the details ( click Contiue) and follow throught to create the Account.

Now Go to
http colon fedex.com/us/ Enter userid/password then select "Go to My FedEx".
On your FedEx Account, clk on "My Profile"
You will see "Account Number Shown" note that in a piece of paper. **

Now click - "Ship" and then click "Create shipment" and create a airbill.

-------- AirBill Sample: Applicant to Travisa (Sending Document to Travisa)--------
1) From Yourown Address.
Senders FedEx Account Number ** Enter the number you noted in the piece of paper **

2) To:
Company : Travisa India Outsourcing
4100 Westheimer RD, STE #210
Houston TX 77027

3) Package and shipment Details.
Service Type : FedEx Express Saver
Package Type : FedEx Envelope
No of Packages : 1
Weight : 0.6 lb
Declared Values : 100$
Ship Date : The last date on the Calender, usually current date + 10

4) Billling Details
Your Account number : The Account number you wrote in the paper.
Your reference : You 9digit Application ID.

6) Signature Type - Direct Signature
Does this Shipment contain dangerous goods : NO

-------- AirBill Sample: Travisa Sending Document Back-----------------
Just follow the above steps and interchange From address and TO address on the above Step.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I sent to Travisa.
1) Travisa Outsourcing Order form.
2) Money Order (Get this from walmart it costs only 60cents) I lost 4.40 cents to bank :(
3) OCI Application
4) US Passport Copy
5) US Naturalization Copy.
6) Indian Passport Copy. (to prove you held indian citizenship)
7) 2 copies of Renunciation form
8) Indian Passport Copy (Used for Renunciation)
8) Driving Licence - Address Proof
9) AirBill: Printed from computer : CAUTION : HAND WRITTEN AIRBILL WILL BE REJECTED.
10) Original India Passport (YES it is orginal, I called up travisa and they wanted this
at the time of submitting the application )

Finally note down the tracking number of the 2 airbill so you can track it online.

Click View Requirements.

On this you will find
https colon passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp
Complete the online OCI Online Application Form on the Indian Government's website.
When you complete the online portion, you will need to print out Part A and Part B.
After printing, complete and sign Part B.
You will need to submit both parts (A and B) along with your application.
You do not have to submit the instructions that will print after Part B.

Fill Out Travisa Order Form.
https colon indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/service-order-form and print the form all filled.

Go thru the Travisa order form and make sure you have all copies and papers you need.

SHIPPING LABEL

To create a FedEx Account :
Go http colon fedex.com/us/ clk Register Now/ Clk Open a FedEX account
On the new Window enter all the details ( click Contiue) and follow throught to create the Account.

Now Go to
http colon fedex.com/us/ Enter userid/password then select "Go to My FedEx".
On your FedEx Account, clk on "My Profile"
You will see "Account Number Shown" note that in a piece of paper. **

Now click - "Ship" and then click "Create shipment" and create a airbill.

-------- AirBill Sample: Applicant to Travisa (Sending Document to Travisa)--------
1) From Yourown Address.
Senders FedEx Account Number ** Enter the number you noted in the piece of paper **

2) To:
Company : Travisa India Outsourcing
4100 Westheimer RD, STE #210
Houston TX 77027

3) Package and shipment Details.
Service Type : FedEx Express Saver
Package Type : FedEx Envelope
No of Packages : 1
Weight : 0.6 lb
Declared Values : 100$
Ship Date : The last date on the Calender, usually current date + 10

4) Billling Details
Your Account number : The Account number you wrote in the paper.
Your reference : You 9digit Application ID.

6) Signature Type - Direct Signature
Does this Shipment contain dangerous goods : NO

-------- AirBill Sample: Travisa Sending Document Back-----------------
Just follow the above steps and interchange From address and TO address on the above Step.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I sent to Travisa.
1) Travisa Outsourcing Order form.
2) Money Order (Get this from walmart it costs only 60cents) I lost 4.40 cents to bank :(
3) OCI Application
4) US Passport Copy
5) US Naturalization Copy.
6) Indian Passport Copy. (to prove you held indian citizenship)
7) 2 copies of Renunciation form
8) Indian Passport Copy (Used for Renunciation)
8) Driving Licence - Address Proof
9) AirBill: Printed from computer : CAUTION : HAND WRITTEN AIRBILL WILL BE REJECTED.
10) Original India Passport (YES it is orginal, I called up travisa and they wanted this
at the time of submitting the application )

Finally note down the tracking number of the 2 airbill so you can track it online.

Thank you very much Venkat. Your information so useful and helpful to forum members.

Here I got couple of questions, please send your advise @ your earliest convenienc.

May be tomorrow, Iam going to send the OCI papers to travisaoutsourcing office.
While filling the part A and part B, I have to produce the document for kids citizen ship proof with notary signature.

1) Iam not sure how to prepare that document (kids citizenship proof, but they have us passport), any body has that experience please guide with sample document.
2) Should i produce 4 Renunciation Forms (one myself + one my wife + one 17 kid + one 12 kid) ?

Please help me out

Thanks in advance.,

-usinsuser99

Thanks a lot milli , you helped me in correct time.

-usinsuser99

Hi milli.,

I wish to get your help as following questions.

May be tomorrow, Iam going to send the OCI papers to travisaoutsourcing office.
While filling the part A and part B,

I have to produce the document for kids citizen ship proof with notary signature.

1) Iam not sure how to prepare that document (kids citizenship proof, but they have us passport), any body has that experience please guide with sample document.
2) Should i produce 4 Renunciation Forms (one myself + one my wife + one 17 kid + one 12 kid) ?
3) 17 years girl can use right thump for Thump impression ?

Please help me out

Thanks in advance.,

-usinsuser99

Iam not sure how to prepare that document (kids citizenship proof, but they have us passport), any body has that experience please guide with sample document.

If the kids never had Indian Citizenship. Then you should be sending the copy of US passport and copy of birth certificate and there is no need of Renunication for the kids.
If the kids had Indian Citizenship before, then you have fill the reunciation forms for the kids and send the original Indian passport for OCI.

Please call travisa, They take the call and help you with providing all the details, so the best way is to call travisa.

Iam not sure how to prepare that document (kids citizenship proof, but they have us passport), any body has that experience please guide with sample document.

If the kids never had Indian Citizenship. Then you should be sending the copy of US passport and copy of birth certificate and there is no need of Renunication for the kids.
If the kids had Indian Citizenship before, then you have fill the reunciation forms for the kids and send the original Indian passport for OCI.

Please call travisa, They take the call and help you with providing all the details, so the best way is to call travisa.

Thank you Venkat for your help & time.

-usinsuser99

Hello. When sending in copies, do we have to sign each copy as "This is true copy of the original" for OCI and Renunciation?

Also, do we have to paste the photo on the OCI application or with a paper clip?

I thought the fee for OCI was $275 because on the Travisa Order Form it's $278. Did the fee got changed? Thanks

Return postage requirement for renunciation

Does anyone know how much postage should I put on the return USPS envelope for my renunciation certificate? Travisa wants $36 dollars on top of $190 that I am paying already......

Does anyone know how much postage should I put on the return USPS envelope for my renunciation certificate? Travisa wants $36 dollars on top of $190 that I am paying already......

This renunciation certificate is a joke. It is the same form what you filled will be returned to you with the date stamped on it. But not sure if you are also getting your passport back with it. If it is just the certificate then it is a single paper and you just pay the baseline price for the service you choose.

Travisa Order Form

Question about the Order Form.

For shipping from me to Travisa and then Travisa back to me FedEx Overnight was an option ($24.00 each way). Do I just pick up an envelope from any FedEx office location, stick barcode generated after filling out the order form and include my prepaid shipping label then send it out? Do I also need to print out a shipping label from me to them and stick it on the envelope when I'm sending it out?

When I go to make a FedEx account, I understand I can print the prepaid shipping label. With the order form 24.00 is taken both ways I'm assuming it is covering shipping costs, so I have already paid for it and it is included in my money order. Would FedEx charge me any additional charges?

I'm just really confused.

Travisa Order Form

Click View Requirements.

What if I wanted to send using certified USPS mail, what option would i check off under shipping from you to Travisa Outsourcing? "Shipping Already Paid with Another application" or "I will use my own airbill"?

If I am including a FexEx printed return label, what do I check off on the order form under shipping from Travisa to me? "FedEx Overnight" or "Shipping Already Paid with Another Application"?

Please help! 0_0

Question about the Order Form.

For shipping from me to Travisa and then Travisa back to me FedEx Overnight was an option ($24.00 each way). Do I just pick up an envelope from any FedEx office location, stick barcode generated after filling out the order form and include my prepaid shipping label then send it out? Do I also need to print out a shipping label from me to them and stick it on the envelope when I'm sending it out?

When I go to make a FedEx account, I understand I can print the prepaid shipping label. With the order form 24.00 is taken both ways I'm assuming it is covering shipping costs, so I have already paid for it and it is included in my money order. Would FedEx charge me any additional charges?

I'm just really confused.

Just create a FedEx account and you can print the shipping label including the prepaid one. Choosing own packaging would save some money for you. Yes you would have already paid for them. If you the correct service and weight, FedEx will not charge anything extra.

Thank you!

Just create a FedEx account and you can print the shipping label including the prepaid one. Choosing own packaging would save some money for you. Yes you would have already paid for them. If you the correct service and weight, FedEx will not charge anything extra.

So from what you are saying I should choose Shipping already paid with another application for both shipping options since I'm going through FedEx?

Thank you Thank you ^_^

Mailing via USPS

Through USPS Certified Express Mail. If I include the prepaid envelope, does Travisa generate their own shipping label to me? Or would I also have to include a prepaid shipping label?

Through USPS Certified Express Mail. If I include the prepaid envelope, does Travisa generate their own shipping label to me? Or would I also have to include a prepaid shipping label?

I would just go with fedex ground with own packaging. Believe me the cost would be almost same or even less than USPS with add-on services like certified,delivery confirmation etc.