1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to a discussion by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna in the November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

Help Needed - I-130 Section-C, Q -17

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by Need_Immi_Help, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Need_Immi_Help

Need_Immi_Help Registered Users (C)

I am completing form I-130 for my father/mother. In Section-C, Q -17: List Husband/Wife and all Children of Your Relative, Do I have to enter names of my mother/father only, or all of my brothers and sisters? I am only applying for my parents.

Someone told me that whoever name I put under that section, USCIS assume that I am interested in pursuing Green Card of all of those siblings also? (which I am not)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. PraetorianXI

PraetorianXI Banned

I would say just put their names (mom and dad). Unless they have children who are under 21 and are unmarried (still living with them).

3. kab901

kab901 Registered Users (C)

I have one more question for I-130 form.would highly apprecaite if u guys guide me to right direction.

have alreday file for me wife (AOS) which is in proecess.now filling my parents AOS.

-In form 1-130 section D for my parents. Do i need to put my wife name with my parents.

-my parnets are in B2 visa.i will be filling AOS for them( how much time sould i wait one month/2 month/ or can file right away. would really apprecaite if u guys put some light on this.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  4. PraetorianXI

PraetorianXI Banned

I would say:

If you are filing two separate I-130 (one for your dad, one for your mom) on question D (1) put in your mom's name on your dad's application and viceversa.

On question D (2) on both forms I-130 (your mom's and your dad's) put your wife's name.

Go ahead and file for them right away. The sooner the better. (certainly before July 30th 2007)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  5. msid1008

msid1008 New Member

Hi, Can someone please answer my question?
    I am applying I-130 for my brother and his family. The problem is section 17 only allows me to add relatives upto five while my brother family size is 7 (including five kids). How can I add two people into the list?
    I would appreciate help very much:)

Thanks,

SID