Help needed DS260 problem

Elizabethsmum

We previously started this immigration process to move our family to the USA a few years back but we had to halt the process and stay in the UK. My wife is a UK citizen, we have been married nearly 16 years and we have been living in the UK for 11 years.
We were granted permission to reopen our case and paid the fees requested. and mailed in all requested forms and documentation. I did call the NVC to say I have paid the fees and mailed the forms which they can confirm they have received on 02/21/2017 and to tell them that the DS-260 was saying completed from the previous round of paperwork, I was told that is fine and if it is saying it is complete then it is complete. I did say that our address had changed since we last completed the form and was told that they could change the address over the telephone which they did.
We have been waiting for news on the next steps assuming that because we had done everything asked everything was ticking along, we called yesterday to be told that we need to fill in the DS260! We have been told it needs unlocking by a supervisor (that we can't speak too!) but that can take 6 weeks and then we will have to wait for the affidavit of support to process which could be 10 weeks more! We thought we would have an answer to that by now! plus then we need the medical and the interview in London. I know that this is a marriage visa but hoping you could help. We booked flights to leave here July 10th, I know that there is a chance that my wife may have to stay behind and I will go in July with both kids and my wife will follow but I want to know can we speed things up? All the information is correct on the DS260!
We called the NVC back again and got a nice lady and she said that she doesn't know if maybe they can use the old DS260? Its all just so confusing and extreamly stressful. To now be looking at 20 odd weeks to get this approval when we thought we would be fine to all leave in July.

Can we get the ds260 looked at quicker, for someone to give a 100% correct answer on if we need to do another?
Can we get it expedited somehow? If so how will that work?
Is there any way that my wife can come with us in July and finish the visa application and attend the interviews etc in the USA?
Will it really take them 6 weeks to just unlock this sodding form?

Thank you so much.
Joe