1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

HELP! F1 Marrying US Citizen needs to stop school.

Discussion in 'General F Visa and Related Issues' started by ajdel, Apr 10, 2012.

  1. ajdel

    ajdel Registered Users (C)

    Hi! I came here last 2007 as a J1 change my status to F1 since i wanted to improve my english at the same time to get a business degree. I am still doing my english classes due to some personal and financial issues.

    My question is i am getting married to my boyfriend (A US Citizen) by next month and i wanted to stop going to school due to financial issues. I am aware that if i cancel my school i have 60 days to legally stay here. If we can file my AOS before 60 days is up am i going to have problems with the immigration?

    As for my boyfriend we are dating for about a year now but he just got divorced and restore his status to single last month and we decided to get married. I know somehow it's a red flag but our relationship is true.

    Please help!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012

Share This Page