1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Join us today, 21 November, at 11 AM EST 202-800-8395. Call or Skype. As usual, the call will be recorded and made available from our Our YouTube channel

HELP! F1 Marrying US Citizen needs to stop school.

Discussion in 'General F Visa and Related Issues' started by ajdel, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ajdel

ajdel Registered Users (C)

Hi! I came here last 2007 as a J1 change my status to F1 since i wanted to improve my english at the same time to get a business degree. I am still doing my english classes due to some personal and financial issues.

My question is i am getting married to my boyfriend (A US Citizen) by next month and i wanted to stop going to school due to financial issues. I am aware that if i cancel my school i have 60 days to legally stay here. If we can file my AOS before 60 days is up am i going to have problems with the immigration?

As for my boyfriend we are dating for about a year now but he just got divorced and restore his status to single last month and we decided to get married. I know somehow it's a red flag but our relationship is true.

Please help!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012