Hartford CT - N-400 Timeline

Got the Oath Letter yesterday, Oath ceremony on May 7 at Hartford, CT.

1. Mailed the Forms on 12/23/2010 Received 12/27/2010
2. Finger Print 02/20/2010
3. Interview Letter 03/23/2010
4. Interview Date 04/15/2010
5. Oath Letter received 04/20/2010, Oath ceremony on May 7th 2010.

Employment based

During my interview the interviewer asked about my previous employment starting at H1B, GC and the timeline i worked. He noted down all the information and said that he wants to run the company in his database. He did mentioned that he wanted to make sure that the company i worked in the blacklisted or fraudulent.

Congrats, tamilent, and thank you for sharing your data.

My friend had an interview yesterday at Hartford. His GK is employment based too. Passed and got an OL for May 7 at Hartford. Name change.

I put all cumulative Hartford infofmation in one file:

I got my Oath Letter yesterday and it is going to be on 5/7 at Hartford. But My wife didnot receive Oath letter yet. Hopefully she will get next week.

I got my Oath Letter yesterday and it is going to be on 5/7 at Hartford. But My wife didnot receive Oath letter yet. Hopefully she will get next week.

bhemsoft,

Congrats & Good luck, hopefully she will get soon her OL.

Hi tamilent, VYLE-II and other
In my oath letter the following options are checked

You must bring the following with you
1. This letter, WITH ALL QUESTIONS ......
2. Permanent Resident Card
3. Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document

I am not sure what is the thrid one(3. Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document),
Do you have the same option checked. If so what do need to bring for that?

Thanks
Bhemsoft

Hi, Bhemsoft,
First of all - congrats with your Oath Letter! Your timeline was not the fastest one, almost entire 6 months, but finally you got it.:)
I wish your wife to get her OL too. Do you know why her case was NOT recomended for approval like yours?

About your question - I asked my friend - yes, hi has all 3 options checked too. He doesn't have "Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document", so he guesses that this option doesn't relate to him. And I agree with him.
So, I would suggest you do not worry about it.

Good luck.

Hi, ZAR,
Glad to see updates in your signature.:)
I found out this morning, that my case status has changed to "Testing and Interview" and the LUD is 4/27/2010.:) I didn't receive email/SMS notifications...:confused:
So we all Hartford folks got one step closer to the finish line.:)
I will update the excel file when I will get my IL with ID. (And probably bhemsofts wife will get her OL too till the end of this week.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, ZAR,
Glad to see updates in your signature.:)
I found out this morning, that my case status has changed to "Testing and Interview" and the LUD is 4/27/2010.:) I didn't receive email/SMS notifications...:confused:
So we all Hartford folks got one step closer to the finish line.:)
I will update the excel file when I will get my IL with ID. (And probably bhemsofts wife will get her OL too till the end of this week.)

Hi VYLE,

I am very happy for you, Congrats.

You should get your IL soon.....Good Luck!

Hi amigos, we have finished our oath ceremony today and applied passport as well. Thaks all for your help and Good luck to you all.

Hartford CT N-400 waiting time

N-400
Applied on 11/04/09
Fingure Printing 12/14/09
Interview Date 02/25/10
During the interview the office said that I passed the test and took the signatures on the photograps and gave me an RFP to subilt several documents for the last 5 years though my case is straight forward. He gave me time until 03/27/10 to submit the documents. The officer was very nice, polite and friendly and told me. once he received the documents he will send me OD and most probbaly the Oath will in Hartford CT. I submitted all the documnts requested in the RFP and the DO received them on March 18, 2010. I have not received my oath date until now. Can anyone have a simular situation like me. Do you know how long I need to wait. Will it be useful If I go through Infopass. Online it says that as of Feb 10 thay are processing application received on September 13, 2009. I contacted the National customer service couple of times they were not able to put in a service request.

Any suggestions please

I would go through Infopas. Allso can recomend a vey good citizenship lawyer (if you decide that you need one).

BTW, I got information about oath ceremonies in CT. They condact oath ceremony
-every first Friday of the month in Hartford Court House;
-every second Friday of the month in Hew Naven Court House;
-every third Friday of the month in Bridgeport Court House.
3 dates every month total. I inquired especially about May and June though.

bhemsoft, congrats and good luck!! We will miss you :)

I would go through Infopas. Allso can recomend a vey good citizenship lawyer (if you decide that you need one).

BTW, I got information about oath ceremonies in CT. They condact oath ceremony
-every first Friday of the month in Hartford Court House;
-every second Friday of the month in Hew Naven Court House;
-every third Friday of the month in Bridgeport Court House.
3 dates every month total. I inquired especially about May and June though.

Thanks for that info VYLE. In a perfect world, my interview would be scheduled for a first Friday in Hartford and the officer will approve me and offer my oath date to be that same day.

Interview complete but no decision.....

Could be useful for others.....

Both my wife and I had our interview in Hartford DO on 5/13/10, all in all the AOs were friendly, ontime and nothing to complain. My wife went in about 10-15 mins before I was called in. Went through normal questions and chatting about general things (NPR program on IIMs). Civic questions are only couple of mins but rest of the time spent on the N-400 application. Went through the whole application and he noted down few things based on my responses. Had couple of auto violations and the AO said "no big deal" and he didn't ask for any proof or anything (I did take some old records but didn't need to show them).

Only documents he asked were DL, Passport, GC. He asked if my wife is also applying for citizenship and I said she is in the next room taking her interview.

He completed all the paperwork (changes he made in the application and printing some of my forms), explained me everything and said my background check wasn't complete yet and I do not have to come for another interview but he will have to wait until the background check completes. He said he will check all his pending files (showed me a pile) every day and the minute it clears he will send out the Oath letter (he also showed me the oath letter that he printed and completed with the nearest court details). Total interview about 30-40 mins.

Since my wife is applying through my GC he said that would have to wait also and he said he will send out both oath letters on the same day and for same day oath. I came out of the interview and my wife's interview was done by then and she said her AO congratulated her and checked the 'recommending for citizenship' and also asked for an oath date. He then got an email from my AO and apparently he changed her approval to 'can't make a decision at this time' checkbox. That was weird (may be I shouldn't have told my AO about my wife's interview?) but I wasn't worried because mine was a straight forward case and I don't suspect anything wrong with my information.

After coming home I checked this forum and found similar cases,

threads: 312062 and 20605 (page 71, 72 and 73) - doesn't let me include URLs (newbie)

My previous applications (GC, H1...etc) were never delayed and I don't think there is any reason the background check is pending because my information. I do think there could have been some goof-up in the name check process itself (as the above threads state). One thing I didn't ask the AO was why would my interview be scheduled without the background check complete?

Now I guess I will just wait and see how long it will take to get the oath letters, I am hoping within a week or two but in the worst case no one can guess .....months?. The AO did say within a month and if it doesn't come by July or so then make an InfoPass appointment to inquire.

Anyone else with similar experience in Hartford? if not, don't be alarmed if it happens to others that are still going through interviews....what else can we do by just worrying about it anyway....:(

My timeline,
Jan 14th - Appl mailed
Feb 16th - Finger print (didn't go early, same as FP date)
Feb 26th - YL received
Apr 12th - IL received
May 13th - Interview completed but no decision
??:confused: - Oath letter
??:confused: - Oath date

To keep our Hartford thread alive - here is the updated tracker:

It is obvious that Hartford DO is not the best plase for naturalization, but anyway we all have updates.

My own experience is here, starting from post #456:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?309380-2010-February-N-400-Tracker/page16
I've got "A decision cannot be made" at the interview. Then I spent additional 3 days being nervous, analyzing again and again every detail of my interview trying to find a reason... And finally got an OL in the mail. :)

Someone asked about Hartford USCIS DO phone number - I managed to find it out: 860-728-2321

Oath ceremonies are scheduled at 8:45, 10:45, 12:45 and 2:45. You can come at diffrent time ceremony on the same date in the same court without any problems.

Good luck to all.

The Tracker:

Hi VYLE,

My family of 3 will be applying for citizenship at the end of the month, and my question is: can all 3 applications be sent in the same envelope, or do they have to be mailed in individual envelopes?

Thanks

To keep our Hartford thread alive - here is the updated tracker:

It is obvious that Hartford DO is not the best plase for naturalization, but anyway we all have updates.

My own experience is here, starting from post #456:

I've got "A decision cannot be made" at the interview. Then I spent additional 3 days being nervous, analyzing again and again every detail of my interview trying to find a reason... And finally got an OL in the mail. :)

Someone asked about Hartford USCIS DO phone number - I managed to find it out: 860-728-2321

Oath ceremonies are scheduled at 8:45, 10:45, 12:45 and 2:45. You can come at diffrent time ceremony on the same date in the same court without any problems.

Good luck to all.

The Tracker:

VYLE - Glad you are done with all the steps in the process and thanks for sharing your experiences (and especially for the information on the oath ceremonies).

We have also received our oath letters finally on 6/12 (1 frustrating month after the interview). Do you know if the ceremony information applies to other cities also? I have mine scheduled in Bridgeport at 8:30 AM but we can't make it as we have to go to the airport. We can take the oath on the same day but different time slots if they have. Who should I call to confirm this? is there a number I can get this information on the Bridgeport ceremonies. I would REALLY appreciate a quick response, thanks.

Tekitisy, glad to hear that your frustration waiting is over.
Call the phone number I gave. In my case the lady on this phone was wery helpful: she didn't know the answer at the moment I called, but she called me back in a couple of minutes.
Please note that I came earlier than my scheduled ceremony and all what they did - just found out my Certificat and other papers in a diffrent folder and added me to a current ceremony. You want to go later. I don't know what happens if a person don't show up at a scheduled ceremony. This case could be different.
Good luck.

BTW - when is your ceremony? This Friday, June 18 or the next one, June 25? It seems that on June 11 they have ceremonies in both locations - in Hartford District Court House and in New Haven District Court House. But I am not sure....

Tracker Google spreadsheet Feb-June 2010 link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoxJgTZJQsbldFVXaVFXODFlb1d5aWxqM1lnVlVUc3c&hl=en#gid=0

VYLE - Thanks for the info, my oath is on 18th, Friday. I did call that number and hit the voicemail, I will try again tomorrow. I hope she can help me a bit here (and I hope the Bridgeport court has multiple ceremonies on 18th).

VYLE - You da man, thanks for the info. I called that number today and she was very helpful. She called me twice, once to say that I can attend a different time slot and again to tell me what other available times in Bridgeport court (she did say I was troubling her though, I was very polite). After that I called the Bridgeport court house number (on their web site) and asked what time slots do they have for naturalization and she said 8:30, 10:30, 12:30 and 2:30 but she referred me back to CIS on the question if I can attend a different time slot (I did tell her my previous conversation with CIS lady).

Anyway this is what I am going to do, me and my wife both have the ceremony scheduled at 8:30 AM. At least one must go to the airport early so, I am planning to go to the court for 8:30 ceremony and request them to move us on 10:30 slot. If they agree then fine, if not I will take the oath and request my wife's to be scheduled for a different time slot or a different day (in which case I need to send a letter to CIS). At least I can be there to make sure that they will move our files (cerficates...etc) properly.

Thanks again for the info, I would have no clue (about different ceremonies on the same day) if I hadn't read your post.