Hardship Waiver Background Check

lubdub

Registered Users (C)
Hi
i am on female physician from Pakistan on J-1 visa and applied for a waiver based on exceptional hardship to my US citized daughter (I-612). my application receipt date is 12 /03/2008. Since it was outside the processing time, I called USCIS last week and they said they will look in the mater. Today I have got a letter from USCIS that they are getting backgroung check and wont be able to look at my application till these checks are complete. i dont know if it has happened to any one before.
The only thing I did after filing my application was the chenge of address that was duly done in time required.

Any input will be appreciated as I am really worried.

Thanks

Lubdub

I think it's just standard operating procedure for them to run criminal background checks for a J-1 Hardship Waiver, usually just take 1-2 weeks.. just be patient.. Just check your status from time to time on their website
uscis . gov

Hi
i am on female physician from Pakistan on J-1 visa and applied for a waiver based on exceptional hardship to my US citized daughter (I-612). my application receipt date is 12 /03/2008. Since it was outside the processing time, I called USCIS last week and they said they will look in the mater. Today I have got a letter from USCIS that they are getting backgroung check and wont be able to look at my application till these checks are complete. i dont know if it has happened to any one before.
The only thing I did after filing my application was the chenge of address that was duly done in time required.

Any input will be appreciated as I am really worried.

Thanks

Lubdub
Yes, they run check on some cases, mine it takes 10 months to finish the check up