Had interview...advice for possible outcome

Anonymous_MD

I just had my naturalization interview on Tuesday 03/17/15. And I got a "could not decide at this time". And just wanted to see what others thought of my case and if I have a chance of getting it approved.

My issue is that I had a DUI from 2005 which I got probation before judgement, then unfortunately I had a second DUI in 2012 BUT the case was dismissed and all charges were dropped. I've had my green card since April of 2008. Since the charges were dropped on my 2nd DUI case I thought I would go ahead and apply for my citizenship. And I disclosed all this information to immigration along with my application and I discussed it with them at the interview. The IO said my file had to be reviewed and approved by a supervisor and that I will get a notice soon with either a decision or a request for more documents.

Do I have any chance of them approving my application or will it be defenitely be denied? I would appreciate input.

Well I guess you are looking for some assurance from someone on the forum.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy, as it's sort of falls into a grey area or one that is open for speculation, hence why it needs to be reviewed.

Your first DUI isn't a problem nor should the arrest and dismissal of your second, however, just because you had the charges dismissed, it would "seem" you have an issue around DUI and maybe habitual drunkard/moral turpitude items they maybe are looking at.

And maybe it's nothing. If it's nothing, generally, you will see an online status change within a week or two. If you don't see that, I would tend to believe they are having some issues around it.

I just had my naturalization interview on Tuesday 03/17/15. And I got a "could not decide at this time". And just wanted to see what others thought of my case and if I have a chance of getting it approved.

My issue is that I had a DUI from 2005 which I got probation before judgement, then unfortunately I had a second DUI in 2012 BUT the case was dismissed and all charges were dropped. I've had my green card since April of 2008. Since the charges were dropped on my 2nd DUI case I thought I would go ahead and apply for my citizenship. And I disclosed all this information to immigration along with my application and I discussed it with them at the interview. The IO said my file had to be reviewed and approved by a supervisor and that I will get a notice soon with either a decision or a request for more documents.

Do I have any chance of them approving my application or will it be defenitely be denied? I would appreciate input.

How did it go? any updates will be helpful?