H4 - Wage related query

ramns

Hello,

I attended the H1B visa interview in the last week of April'09 - the consulate officer issued 221g - case was processed in a month and I got my passport back with the H1B visa stamp in the first week of June'09.

Now, my husband wants to change his status from H1 to H4. He was terminated from his job in the last week of March'09 and came to India in the first week of May.

1) Is it considered as out of status for his stay in the month of April ? I heard there is a 60 day grace period..is it true ?

2) My annual income is 30k and it is more than the prevailing wage mentioned in the LCA of my H1B petition. Will there be any wage related questions/issues when my husband goes for H4 visa ??

I really appreciate any answers/suggestions..Thanks in advance

ramns

He was out of status as soon as he was terminated. There is no "grace period."

An annual income of 30 K on H1B job is awfully low. What do you do? If you are to work in a high cost of living area, you need to have savings to supplement this income as you will be unable to pay your bills on this income.

hello Concerned4us

thanks for the concern. but that doesn't answer my question !

I'm looking for answers/inputs to my specific questions

A1: Not true.
A2: I do not think so.

1) I heard there is a 60 day grace period..is it true ?

2) My annual income is 30k and it is more than the prevailing wage mentioned in the LCA of my H1B petition. Will there be any wage related questions/issues when my husband goes for H4 visa ??