H4 visa with out marriage album

nathsomu

Dear friends, I have a query related to h4 visa plz help me.

Questions:
we got married 8 months back at dec 2013,its register marriage (tamilnadu register marriage act 2013)in my marriage certificate our pictures there on top of the photos with register seal there ,now she is in usa now and she have h1b visa

1)Certainly am planing for apply h4 visa.so in that case whether we should go together for the h4 visa interview ??
2)we would not have wedding album with us.Will that affect my h4 visa approval?
3)how much chances are there for h4 visa approval with out invitation card and marriage album
4)If they ask about marriage album,best ans to convince him
Thank you for your time and consideration,
somunath

Last edited:
I am sure it is too late for you to get replies. But I had doubts going in for my H4 interview and thought answering them would help someone in the future-

1. It is not necessary to go together for your H4 interview. However, it is always easy to get it done together as you need a lot of similar documents.

2. You can tell them the nature of the marriage when asked for the wedding album. Hope you have pictures with the revistrar and photos with the family. Just carry them along. Also, you can show other proofs of marriage like sharing bank accounts or property. Your marriage registration certificate is the legal proof of your marriage. So, not having the wedding album alone will not weaken your case.

3. My husband and I didn't have an invitation card as well. I don't think it matters that how you plan to conduct your marriage/wedding. You can always choose a more modest wedding and that shouldn't be a red flag for your case. It is your personal preference.

4. I would just explain that I had a registered marriage and quote the Special Marriage act 1954