H4 Travel to US - Visa expires next month

desibloke

I tried to find a similar thread on this forum before posting this query however didn't find one that matches my issue. I hope someone can answer this doubt,
1. My H1B petition transferred in July 2008 is valid till June 2011
2. My wife's passport has a H4 visa stamped till Sept. 30 2009

My wife traveled to the US in May 2009 and her departure date was stamped to the date of her visa i.e. Sept 30 2009. She returned to India in July 2009.

My wife is planning to travel to US from India around Sept. 15th 2009. Can she travel on her current visa and show a copy of my H1 petition valid till 2011 OR
Does she have to get a new visa stamped from the consulate?

The reason for this doubt is that my wife has only 15 days on the visa from Sept. 15th 2009 and is there a possibility the immigration officer will not consider my H1 petition date and go by her visa date and stamp her departure date accordingly?

Can someone with experience in these matters, please help me out?

Thanks.

I tried to find a similar thread on this forum before posting this query however didn't find one that matches my issue. I hope someone can answer this doubt,
1. My H1B petition transferred in July 2008 is valid till June 2011
2. My wife's passport has a H4 visa stamped till Sept. 30 2009

My wife traveled to the US in May 2009 and her departure date was stamped to the date of her visa i.e. Sept 30 2009. She returned to India in July 2009.

My wife is planning to travel to US from India around Sept. 15th 2009. Can she travel on her current visa and show a copy of my H1 petition valid till 2011 OR

------------------------ She can enter US with Valid H4 visa stamp at POE she need to show the H4 valid Stamp in her passport AND Your H1 transfer approval notice valid till June 2011. she will get I-94 till 2011. if officer does any mistake on her I-94 then check her I-94 validity when she reach USA and if her I-94 is valid till Sept. 30 2009 them file form I-539(you need to pay fees) for extension of her H4 status with USCIS and H4 extension must reach USCIS before Sept. 30 2009.
* also send her your employer letter that you are working with them. let her know the name of company you are working so that if asked she can give the info or show the employer letter. .

Does she have to get a new visa stamped from the consulate?

The reason for this doubt is that my wife has only 15 days on the visa from Sept. 15th 2009 and is there a possibility the immigration officer will not consider my H1 petition date and go by her visa date and stamp her departure date accordingly?
-------------------- read above. you can file her H4 extension if officers gives I-94 till her visa validity.
Can someone with experience in these matters, please help me out?

Thanks.
---------------------