H4 to H1 - Change of Status

indian231

Hi

My wife came to US on H4 and one of the company applied for H1B when she was in India. Her H1 got approved and her company applied for change of status.

1) How long does the process take? Her change of status was applied on November 2008 and it the status is still pending.
2) My wife need to travel to India probably this month. Is it possible for her to go to India and come back on H4 or Does she need to get her H1B stamping done and then come to US on H1B?
3) What would happen if her change of status get approved while she is in India?

Please advise on my situation.

Thanks

Travel during COS processing voids that processing. She nmeeds to H1B stamping and retun using that to be able to work; if she returns on H4, she needs to begin COS processing again.

Travel during COS processing voids that processing. She nmeeds to H1B stamping and retun using that to be able to work; if she returns on H4, she needs to begin COS processing again.

Thanks for you reply.

My wife's COS was applied in the month of November 2008 (Regular Processing). Her status has not changed yet. How long does this process take? My wife's company also says that they didn't get any kind of receipt when they applied for COS, Is this true that there wont be any receipt or any case id number to track the case?