H4 to H1 and H1B Cap

zzzyyy

Registered Users (C)
Mr.Khanna
I applied for Change of status for my wife(Nov 10) and answered an RFE on Feb 18. The BCIS website still shows the status of the case as "RFE Sent". Wont BCIS update the site to indicate that response to RFE was received? Is there anyway to find out if it is because may be the quota has been reached?

Thanks!

Originally posted by zzzyyy
Mr.Khanna
I applied for Change of status for my wife(Nov 10) and answered an RFE on Feb 18. The BCIS website still shows the status of the case as "RFE Sent". Wont BCIS update the site to indicate that response to RFE was received? Is there anyway to find out if it is because may be the quota has been reached?

Thanks!

There should be no relation between the RFE in your situation, and the quota.

H1B injustice

This is slightly Off topic. But we need your help and will be grateful to you if you can give us some suggestions.

I applied for H4 to H1 for my wife. Her application was approved on april 1st and her employer received Notice of action along with her new I94. But he is refusing to give he Notice of action to us.
What can be done? She still has a valid H4 visa. Can she leave the country now and enter in the existing H4 visa?

How can we teach a lesson to such employers? Can we sue the employer?

Thanks
Balaji

Re: H1B injustice

Originally posted by zzzyyy
This is slightly Off topic. But we need your help and will be grateful to you if you can give us some suggestions.

I applied for H4 to H1 for my wife. Her application was approved on april 1st and her employer received Notice of action along with her new I94. But he is refusing to give he Notice of action to us.
What can be done? She still has a valid H4 visa. Can she leave the country now and enter in the existing H4 visa?

++++++++++Yes. I believe so.

How can we teach a lesson to such employers? Can we sue the employer?

+++++++++++I doubt it.

Thanks
Balaji