1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

H1B visa to B1/B2

Discussion in 'H Visa - Links to Important Info.' started by htob, May 22, 2011.

1. htob

htob New Member

Hello Every body.

I am on H1B visa currently for a training and is expiring in july. My next job starts October 1st. My questions is:

1)Is it possible for me to have COS to B1/B2 visitors visa. I already have a valid visitors visa.

2)How long does it take for the COS to get approved or to get a reply?

3)What are the doc. reqd> I539 or something else also?

4)Since I need coverage with B1/B2 only from July 1 to Oct 1, do you recommend that I stay here and wait for COS approval or go back and come back before OCT1? ..lets say if approval takes long?

5)HOw long can I stay after my H1 has expired? say if my COS has not been approved.

6)does my applying for COS have any -ve outcome for next H1 filling which I hope to start on Oct 1st?

Thankx everyone for your prompt reply..!!