H1B Visa stamp in Pakistan, Latest situation

Hi faranianq

I did Master in Computer Science from University of Karachi in 1999 that is equivalent to BS in computer science here.

I came to USA in April 2004 and switch my job in Sep 2006 so at that time i already have 5+ years of experience.

One can apply under EB2 either Master degree or BS plus five years of prograssive experience. My new company used BS plus five years of progressive experience for EB2.

I have 7 years of VC++ and 1 year of Java experience. Please PM me if you need further information.

MA
Thank you so much for your kind and prompt reply.
I have Masters in computer science from QAU Islamabad which is a 2 years degree.
Plus you know the usual stuff.
2 years BSC.
And 12 years schooling.

I have 8 years plus IT experience.

When I talk to the company lawyer he said I do not qualify for EB2. One must have to have a continues 4 years degree.

Is your MSC degree more than 2 years degree program? or may be your BSC is more than 2 years program?
Could you please confirm?
Thanks again.
faranianq.

Hi faranianq

No i dont have 4 years continous degree. I have 2 years BSc and 2 years MCS (exactly same as yours degree) but still i got Green card via EB2. Please consultant another laywer for second opnion because i have personal experience to get Green card with this skill set.

Please check your Private Message too.

Dear MA,
Thank you so much , I appreciate kind and prompt response.
I will send you an email.
Thanks.
faranianq

H1 Visa Processing Time

Hi Everyone,

I had an interview(Dated 31st July, 2007) at US embassy Islamabad for my H1B visa. The VO said that it will take 4 weeks for the admin process. It is my first time and I haven't visited US or any other country before. Still waiting for the passport.
Any hopeful comments about my case ?
another thing i am working on a USAID project in pakistan and got security clearance for my job by a US agency but forget to submit at the time of interview

Last edited by a moderator:
my interview at the ISB consulate on Dec 5th

I am here in Pakistan and applied for revalidation of my visa. The VO approved the visa but put me in for additional processing. They hand out a standard white colored paper that says it would take a minimum of 1 month and advises the applicant to be patient :)

I had been through this add processing in 03 as well, when i applied for my first stamp. I argued a little with the VO that how many times will i have to go through this check as I do special registration everytime i pass through a US port and all that. She was nice and said she understood the problems but its pretty much the law that you will have to go through it everytime. Kinda seems that if u have been through it once u'll be through it always. Stupid it seems (as if u r cleared once, then u should be safe for re-entry later on), but true it is.

I saw two other students who got visa approvals and both received the white paper. One of them had a pretty unique name (Zohaib Ishaaq) in my opinion but was flagged for this. Another H-1B applicant Muhammad Akhtar ??? (forgot his uncommon last name) was also given the white sheet for additional processing. So, i really didn't see anyone getting a visa without this additional processing (3 out of 3 that i could find).

Two H-4 applicant ladies got their visas without any problem or additional processing.

I had submitted my papers on Nov 26th and got a call from embassy on Dec. 4 to setup my interview for Dec. 5. One of the H-4 applicant had applied on Nov 29 and she was there for interview as well. So, i guess it doesn't take that long to get the interview done in ISB now, which is good. Lets see what happens with my clearance now?

Best wishes and good luck to all going through this painful process...

Waiting for Interview call

Hi,

I applied from karachi for H1B interview, i submit my doc in AMEX on Feb 19,2008 they told me that American consulate will call me in 3-4 weeks but still i didnt get any call, can any body tell how long it will take to make arrangement for interview.
thank
khurram

Passport is sent to US embassy by AMEX and it comes back to AMEX within 5 days or so, then it's AMEX that schedules the dates. You can go to AMEX office and cite a reason why your appointment should be expedited and they will do it. First step would be to call AMEX and check if they had your passport back. Good luck!
Hi,

I applied from karachi for H1B interview, i submit my doc in AMEX on Feb 19,2008 they told me that American consulate will call me in 3-4 weeks but still i didnt get any call, can any body tell how long it will take to make arrangement for interview.
thank
khurram

Thanks jefkorn for reply, but they didnt get my passport at that time, they give me back my passport and only they take is my I797c original copy, its now 3 week of submitting my doc., kindly tell me should i check with Amex ???

AMEX acts as a scheduling system so there's no harm in asking them or contacting them about getting an earlier date if they have a slot. Some times the interview slots become available because of cancellations.
Have they changed their procedure? They used to take PP send it to US embassy and only after they received the PP, they used to give out the interview date.
Thanks jefkorn for reply, but they didnt get my passport at that time, they give me back my passport and only they take is my I797c original copy, its now 3 week of submitting my doc., kindly tell me should i check with Amex ???

they take my I797C original and my passport photo copy and told me that American consulate will call me for visa interview in 3-4 weeks but still im waiting for interview, i will check it by tomorrow with AMEX about the time scheduling of interview.
thanks
khurram

PIMS may be a factor!

I wonder if the delays are being caused by the PIMS. See here for details: http://www.murthy.com/news/n_pimsdl.html

Please check with consulate when you go for interview how long did it take from the I-797 approval date to when the actual PIMS was updated for you.

Thanks

Hi,

Recently i appeared in H1B visa interview in Islamabad, Pakistan consulate at the end they required from my company photograph and W2 form, they told me that submit these doc from AMEX then i will take a decision in your case,i will submit in 2-3 days, my question is any chance of visa now and how much time consulate will take to complete all these process.
thanks in advance
khurram

After you provide them with required docs, although I wasn't asked about any of that, unless you get stuck in so called "administrative processing", it should be pretty quick. The clearance required sometimes can be obtained within a week. It depends how detailed or advanced level security check the officer may want to run on you.
Good luck!
Hi,

Recently i appeared in H1B visa interview in Islamabad, Pakistan consulate at the end they required from my company photograph and W2 form, they told me that submit these doc from AMEX then i will take a decision in your case,i will submit in 2-3 days, my question is any chance of visa now and how much time consulate will take to complete all these process.
thanks in advance
khurram

need some guidence scare to go to pakistan

After you provide them with required docs, although I wasn't asked about any of that, unless you get stuck in so called "administrative processing", it should be pretty quick. The clearance required sometimes can be obtained within a week. It depends how detailed or advanced level security check the officer may want to run on you.
Good luck!

hi guys, i need some current information what is going on in these days in ISLAMABAD. i came to USA in july 2001 on H1-B and initial H1-B was issued by ISLAMBAD. LC is approved my PD is august 2003 wich is current. filled for I-140 and i-485 on august 2007. I-140 and I-485 is still pending. Have AP and EAD in hand. I have H-1B extension approved up to Nov 2009. Never got H1-B stamping. Never went out of USA since i came to USA.

Now need to go to pakistan and get married. i heard lots of stories about delay in H1-B stamping and i am scare to do that. Snice i have AP but i dont want to use it due to my status going to be changed when i come back to usa. So H1-B stamping and H-4 for my future wife is best bet. Please advice how much approximate time it will take to get H1-B stamp in ISLAMABAD. My name is Zeeshan Saeed so i dont know how uniqe it is. what are my chances to get stuck in PIMS and administrative process thing.

i will appriciate any response. Thanks in advance

I'm not current on PIMS but apparently a user was able to get PIMS verification on the phone. You can try that too by calling ISB.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1881531&postcount=1

Regarding background check/Administrative processing, it's anybody's guess. But it takes anywhere from a week to couple weeks or more. The range varies a lot. You will have just go through it to find out. My NC was "pending" for I485 whatever that means when I applied for H1 stamping before PIMS. My clearance took 5 business days.

Can't really say how long or quick it will be just by looking at the name.

...how much approximate time it will take to get H1-B stamp in ISLAMABAD. My name is Zeeshan Saeed so i dont know how uniqe it is. what are my chances to get stuck in PIMS and administrative process thing.

should i go ahead and go pakistan for stamping

I'm not current on PIMS but apparently a user was able to get PIMS verification on the phone. You can try that too by calling ISB.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1881531&postcount=1

Regarding background check/Administrative processing, it's anybody's guess. But it takes anywhere from a week to couple weeks or more. The range varies a lot. You will have just go through it to find out. My NC was "pending" for I485 whatever that means when I applied for H1 stamping before PIMS. My clearance took 5 business days.

Can't really say how long or quick it will be just by looking at the name.

thanks for response, So should i go ahead and go to pakistan to get it stamped, in worse case i have AP, i can use that to come back to USA. The only thing i am afraid of is that i heard stories that some people took almost 1 year to get it stamped. i can not wait more than 4 months max.
So please advise that should i go ahead and go to pakistan for stamping

If you have AP that's a good backup. You have no way of guessing the time it will take for security clearance. As you know it could be done relatively quickly within a week or for some it has taken much longer.
The best you can do is to not waste any time when you get there and get the process going with AmEx so your interview gets done asap. Good luck and share you experience here. Who knows you will be another success story of getting H1 stamped from Pak. in record time !!
thanks for response, So should i go ahead and go to pakistan to get it stamped, in worse case i have AP, i can use that to come back to USA. The only thing i am afraid of is that i heard stories that some people took almost 1 year to get it stamped. i can not wait more than 4 months max.
So please advise that should i go ahead and go to pakistan for stamping

want to get married

If you have an AP document, why do you want to waste money and time with an H-1B visa?

Brother first of all thanks for your respone.
the reason for H1-b stamping is that i am ready to get married now. I want to bring my future wife with me on H-4 , if i use AP then my status will be parolee and she wont be able to get her H-4.