H1B visa application process from Pakistan.

rikki2k2

I am from Karachi and currently working in Kuwait, i have got approval for H1B application, now i want to apply for the H1B visa, i have some queries please assist me.

What is the process to apply for the H1B visa from Islamabad?
Which documents are required to submit?
How much time it will take?
Passport needs to be submit while applying for Visa or/and after interview?

Thank you

Since you are in Kuwait already, wouldn't it be better to apply from there compared to Islamabad?

Stoned!

Hi stoned,

My employer/consultant sugessted, its better to apply from Pakistan rather than Kuwait, thats why i wana know the timeline so i could take holidays from current job and apply for visa.

Regards,

Well, I myself have never had to deal the American Embassy in Islamabad fortunately, but from what I have read in other people's experiences, it could take anywhere from a few days to six months and more.

Good luck with everything.

Stoned!

What is the process to apply for the H1B visa from Islamabad?
fill out DS forms online and submit all your documents at American Express Karachi, they will send your docs to US Embassy in Islamabad and later on you will get a call for your interview, takes about 21 days.

Which documents are required to submit?
http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/pakistan/niv_how_to_apply_in_pakistan.html

How much time it will take?

TAL- Technology Alert List ( takes about 21 days to 75 days)depends on the nature of your job , e.g nuclear, chemical related.
Name Check, additional security checks, clearance from DOS - 2 Weeks to 6 months 0r even longer than that.
PIMS Petition Information Management Service - To verify visa petition approval - could take 2 Weeks to 2 months and mandatory for everyone.

Passport needs to be submit while applying for Visa or/and after interview?

You can request to take your passport back while they perform the security checks.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Well, I myself have never had to deal the American Embassy in Islamabad fortunately, but from what I have read in other people's experiences, it could take anywhere from a few days to six months and more.

Good luck with everything.

Stoned!

True, One of my friend got stuck for 19 months. :eek: