h1b transfer to L1 - URGENT

crystalwenjing

hi,

I have a question about my visa. Right now, I'm holding a H1B visa and the visa will be expired in OCt 2014. My current employer is going to sumbit PERM for me soon. However, I may change my job to another multinational company which I worked in China before back in 2002- 2005. I'm wondering if I could apply L1 visa as a manager for that company. I read the requirement. "Generally have been working for a qualifying organization abroad for one continuous year within the three years immediately preceding his or her admission to the United States". Is this a strick requirement or something we can adjust? I'm working in big four companys. Both companies that I'm working now and I will work are big four CAP firms. They are pretty similar.I'd like to get L1 visa and apply greencard later. Thank you!

Generally I don’t learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me.

Hello there,

Question regarding the L1. I am working on a 6 + 6 months contract at my current company in Europe. In November, they want to send me to their US subsidiary on a J1 for 12 + 6 months.

My question is, can I apply for a L1 after that since I will be in the US? The lawyer said yes but I thought I would need to be abroad to apply for a L1.