H1B Stamping/Revalidation DONE In The Bahamas

The term 'valid' probably means the new I-797 approval notice hasn't expired. I would not send the original, a legible copy should be okay.

My H1 Extension Stamping in Nassua, Bahamas

Hi All,

I would like to post my H1 extension at Nassua,Bahamas on December 17,2008.

I read this forum and i have made arranagemenst to go to Bahamas.

1) I have purchased the Pin number and have called the embassy and i got the appointment on decmber 17,2008.
2) I have contacted the Traveldocs.com and got my Visitors visa for Bahamas. They charge USd 50.00 and do all the work. Very friendsly and helpful.
3)I have booked my ticket on 16th evening and my return on 18th evening,
4)I have booked townehotel.com through online and booked the room. They charge $145.00 for 2 days.
5) I took a fight from Miami to Bahamas and i reached Bahamas by 10:22
6) Took a cab from airport to hotel and they charged USD27.00 (Flat fee).
7) US Consulate is 2 mins wak from this hotel.
8) Next day morning i reached the embassy by 7:30 a.m (My appointment is at 9:00 a.m).
9) Gave my appointment print out to the security people and i have standed in the queque.
10) I went to the Windows counter and the lady had checked my DS 156 and DS 157 and she said everything is fine and asked me to pay the USD130.00 in cash at the other counter and to give the finger prints.
11) I gave the finger prints and paid the amount and waited in the queque.
12) My name was called and i went to the VO
13) I greeted him and he greeted him back. I opened my file and was waiting to give the documents he would ask.
14) He asked me to pass on the complete file and i passed him he file.
15) He did had a glance at the all the files and he was asking about my project and what i was doing at the Clients place.
16) He said my Visa has been approved and he gave me a token to come and collect the passport next day at 2:30 p.m
17) Next day i collected the passport and everything was good.
18) I have seen couple of Indians at Bahamas who came for stamping from OPT to H1.
19) I have mailed Nassau,Bahamas regarding teh PIMS( Petetion Information Management System) check 3 weeks prior to my appointment.

All in all everything was good.

I thank people who have posted their experiences and that has helped me.

Thanks,
--Pavan

Pavan

congrats on your visa. Is it necessary to get appointment? I thought it was walk-in.
It is a very good option if your in south states. Seems that the total stay outside the US is very short one (compare that to 3-4 days for toronto).
Hi All,

I would like to post my H1 extension at Nassua,Bahamas on December 17,2008.

I read this forum and i have made arranagemenst to go to Bahamas.

1) I have purchased the Pin number and have called the embassy and i got the appointment on decmber 17,2008.
2) I have contacted the Traveldocs.com and got my Visitors visa for Bahamas. They charge USd 50.00 and do all the work. Very friendsly and helpful.
3)I have booked my ticket on 16th evening and my return on 18th evening,
4)I have booked townehotel.com through online and booked the room. They charge $145.00 for 2 days.
5) I took a fight from Miami to Bahamas and i reached Bahamas by 10:22
6) Took a cab from airport to hotel and they charged USD27.00 (Flat fee).
7) US Consulate is 2 mins wak from this hotel.
8) Next day morning i reached the embassy by 7:30 a.m (My appointment is at 9:00 a.m).
9) Gave my appointment print out to the security people and i have standed in the queque.
10) I went to the Windows counter and the lady had checked my DS 156 and DS 157 and she said everything is fine and asked me to pay the USD130.00 in cash at the other counter and to give the finger prints.
11) I gave the finger prints and paid the amount and waited in the queque.
12) My name was called and i went to the VO
13) I greeted him and he greeted him back. I opened my file and was waiting to give the documents he would ask.
14) He asked me to pass on the complete file and i passed him he file.
15) He did had a glance at the all the files and he was asking about my project and what i was doing at the Clients place.
16) He said my Visa has been approved and he gave me a token to come and collect the passport next day at 2:30 p.m
17) Next day i collected the passport and everything was good.
18) I have seen couple of Indians at Bahamas who came for stamping from OPT to H1.
19) I have mailed Nassau,Bahamas regarding teh PIMS( Petetion Information Management System) check 3 weeks prior to my appointment.

All in all everything was good.

I thank people who have posted their experiences and that has helped me.

Thanks,
--Pavan

Hey Fresh Visa Stamping

I am Fresh H-1B. I just got approval of H1 from F1. I dont know procedure of Visa Stamping. Can someone pls help me out with that?
1) if i want to go to India for 2 weeks before 1st Oct, what do i need to do? Is it safe?
2) if i want to go to India for 2 weeks after 1st Oct, what do i need to do? Is it safe?
3) If i want to go to bahamas or Costa Rica or any other country for fresh visa stamping before 1st Oct, what do i need to do? Is it safe?
4) If i want to go to bahamas or Costa Rica or any other country for fresh visa stamping after 1st Oct, what do i need to do? Is it safe?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Fresh H-1B. I just got approval of H1 from F1. I dont know procedure of Visa Stamping. Can someone pls help me out with that?
1) if i want to go to India for 2 weeks before 1st Oct, what do i need to do? Is it safe?
2) if i want to go to India for 2 weeks after 1st Oct, what do i need to do? Is it safe?
3) If i want to go to bahamas or Costa Rica or any other country for fresh visa stamping before 1st Oct, what do i need to do? Is it safe?
4) If i want to go to bahamas or Costa Rica or any other country for fresh visa stamping after 1st Oct, what do i need to do? Is it safe?

Thanks in advance.

congrats on conversion from f1 to h1b
one thing you have to bear in mind is that you have to apply for a fresh h1b stamp and it will not be issued in june if your start date is october.

best wishes.