H1B -Stamping - issued warrent

cotes

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I was issued a traffic ticket on 4 Jul. I didn't go to the court on the court date 20th Aug. I went on 1st Nov. they told me that a warrant have been issued on me, I paid all the dues and they told me i am free to go they gave me new ticket, copy of warrant and pay slip. My question is I was to go for H1-stamping i have taken a appoint in Canada (Toronto) for 28th Nov. should i go there or should i go to INDIA and take the appointment there? will i get the visa ? how much will it take? please help me guys..
(was in US from 2003 completed my master here...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do i have to write "arrested" in DS156 and explain them the above thing (no finger prints were taken) ?

Goto New Delhi !!

I would advise you to goto New Delhi Consulate with your situation, because New Delhi Consulate has electronic finger print and FBI results will be retrieved electronically in 2-3 days. You have to declare "Yes" for arrest related question on DS-156 form. You will be issued a H1-B visa without a problem with a Quotation on H1-B Visa : "Hit didn't constitute inadmissability".
Good Luck.

Cont...

Thanks for your reply skganji. I will be looking for delhi appointments. One more question will there be any problems in GC process my this incident or it will remain as it was continuing Labour Aprroved. I-140 will be in process soon.

added to last quote

Will there be any problems on POE in US. (since my finger prints might be shown on US POE.) ...

since you were not arrested , you don't need to specify yes. You better go to india for visa not canada. In canada if you are stuck it will be a hell. In India You will get visa easily.

Hi,
Thanks for your quick responses. I have gotten appointment at mumbai (tried delhi no dates available last week december) for h1 stamping visa interview 3rd JAN 10:00 AM will updated you from what happened there. (for warrent documents taking ticket,copy of warrent and dispostion papers only hope that works out fine).

No, no, no. This is a simple traffic ticket. If you don't pay your fine your or show up for your court date (if you decide to fight the ticket), they simply issue a warrant for you until you clear it up. That way if you try to register your vehicle, or you are stopped by the police they have you. Think about it - if they didn't do something, then nobody would ever pay their parking or speeding tickets. When you went to court, they should have also given you the option of community service in the event that you couldn't pay your ticket. This is a civil matter - like a law suit. It has nothing to do with criminal issues. You were never arrested. You could be involved in a hundred civil cases and it wouldn't affect you. Arrested is generally for criminal infractions. Toronto would have been fine unless you were planning on going to India anyway.

Did you go to traffic court to get all of this resolved? Or just some ticket window? If this was a big deal, they would have gone to your house and arrested you.

You're turning this into a way bigger deal than you have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
with single DUI I believe there will be no problems at POE !!

Will there be any problems on POE in US. (since my finger prints might be shown on US POE.) ...

I am checking this website after a long time. With a single DUI , once you have your passport stamped with H1-B, you shouldn't have any problems at the Port of Entry. Since, the H1-B stamping will clearly indicate that the Hit didn't constitute In-admissability, they cannot trouble you at Port of Entry.

Got it no problems

First of all i am sorry to write it late, i just came from india i had no internet @ my place. I went to embassy nothing happened. they didn't check any of my documents, i did mentioned arrested in DS-156 forum. Instead of me telling her she told me that it will take 1 day extra b/c they have some database populating issues. I was so relaxed. On POE no one asked anything it was just regular immi check done. I have very gratefull to all the people who responded me esp. skganji thanks you so so much guys.
Long live the forum.

Hi I need some help:

I was driving at 100mph in 75 limit zone. Cop gave me a criminal citation of excessive speed and have given me a court date in arizona. I am on H1 and have my 140 approved.

How will this citation will affect my H1 extension, H1 transfer, DS160 and green card and I a not sure how will my current employer wll react to the same.

Any information will be of great help.