1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1B stamping from H4 Visa

Discussion in 'H-4 Issues' started by ashish_s, Nov 17, 2010.

  1. ashish_s

    ashish_s New Member

    I have a valid H4 visa stamped on my passport expires Oct 2011. I also started working this year and got h1b approval notice. I am traveling to India after a month for a very short duration. Do I have to get h1b stamped on my passport or can I travel back on H4 visa as its still valid?

    Thanks for your reply.
  2. nkm-oct23

    nkm-oct23 Registered Users (C)

    You will have to get an H1 visa stamped. Your I-94 will be issued based on the type of visa you have. If you don't get an H1 visa, you will be admitted under H4 and you won't be able to work. The I-94 issued last determines your status.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
  3. ginnu

    ginnu Registered Users (C)

  4. immigrationfaq1

    immigrationfaq1 New Member

    Under the current immigration law, an alien may remain in the United States with H-1B status for up to six years. For the purpose of this limitation rule, all time previously spent in H-4 and/or L status in the United States will be counted against the six-year limit.
  5. henrykipson

    henrykipson New Member

    I have no any idea about this thread.please help me.

Share This Page