H1b Requesting additional evidence or information

kannappan

Registered Users (C)
hi

I have applied for H1B and recently my case was given the following status

"On September 25, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case."

can anyone Let me know what exactly makes USCIS to push the case to this stage.
Also does the empolyer fall short everytime or do i need to submit more docs for evidence.

Replies asap .

regds
kanna

hi,
Once you see the RFE notice only, you will come to know what type of documents USCIS has requested in your case. This is only a request for further evidence in your case. Be calm and relaxed. Everything will be fine.

thanks.

suseenagu said:
hi,
Once you see the RFE notice only, you will come to know what type of documents USCIS has requested in your case. This is only a request for further evidence in your case. Be calm and relaxed. Everything will be fine.

HI suseenagu

Am happy and lil relaxed after seeing ur encouraging words.thanks :)

i hope i shd get the notice in 4/5 days frm today.

regds
kanna

After you send in your additional documents responding to this notice, how long is it taking for approval at Texas Service Center?

rena2006 said:
After you send in your additional documents responding to this notice, how long is it taking for approval at Texas Service Center?

Hi rena,

my case is Fresh H1. wt abt urs ?
i gues u r facing the same situtation lik me.

The worse part is my attorney hasnt recived any notice yet :( . its 15 days after USCIS asked for xtra evidence.

am hopefully lookin for the notice and from ths forum i have realised that after giving the reqd docs it takes 4-6 weeks time or 25 days min.

but most RFE's have be aproved by USCIS as per ths forums history :)

lets pray for the history to repeat.

regds
kanna

Hi,

I too applied to the Texas Service Center on May 17,2006. I received a RFE on Sept. 29, and submitted a response on Oct. 4. I also filed for premium processing on Sept. 27. I still haven't gotten a decision from USCIS regarding my H1b petiton. I was supposed to start working on Oct. 9. I am disappointed that i couldn't start. I hope that i will get a positive decision soon.

kannappan said:
Hi rena,

my case is Fresh H1. wt abt urs ?
i gues u r facing the same situtation lik me.

The worse part is my attorney hasnt recived any notice yet :( . its 15 days after USCIS asked for xtra evidence.

am hopefully lookin for the notice and from ths forum i have realised that after giving the reqd docs it takes 4-6 weeks time or 25 days min.

but most RFE's have be aproved by USCIS as per ths forums history :)

lets pray for the history to repeat.

regds
kanna
Where did you hear that the USCIS should mail you a notice after the extra evidence received? Don’t you think you will receive a decision directly after providing the required documents?

H1B approved

Submitted on May 17, 2006 Texas Service Center
Premium Processing petition filed Sept 27, 2006
RFE requested on Sept 29, 2006
Evidence submitted and received Oct. 4, 2006
Positive decision received on Oct. 12, 2006

I wish you all the best in your petitions and pray that the peace of God will be with you all during the petition process.

Can anyone tell me what kind of RFE's did you receive. I mean, what were the additional docs requested ? I too filed for my H1 ext ( premium processing ) and i checked the status today and seems like they have issued an RFE.

ncaug2004 said:
Can anyone tell me what kind of RFE's did you receive. I mean, what were the additional docs requested ? I too filed for my H1 ext ( premium processing ) and i checked the status today and seems like they have issued an RFE.

Hi

My RFE was abt the degre certificates Evaluation.I really i hv no clue wt is Evalutaion of certificates !!
But my RFE was replied to USCIS on Oct 20th and yet to receive any further updates. :(
wt abt others?? is there anyone in ths situation?

regds
kanna

Hi kannappan,
I am also in the same situation as of u....I received RFE on oct 2nd.I replied to RFE on oct 18th.My status changed on oct 30th..that the documents r received...How many days it will take,to get the approval notice......I am waiting for it since 5 months.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Me to same case,got RFC ,answered on oct 30,waitng for result.
it is all most 6 months....too long process
any one have idea about normal processing after how many days will get response after answering the query ?.

meenak said:
Hi,

Me to same case,got RFC ,answered on oct 30,waitng for result.
it is all most 6 months....too long process
any one have idea about normal processing after how many days will get response after answering the query ?.

Hy meena

Ntg to worry. It takes 4-6 weeks for sure after answering the Query.Jus be patient and u should get it soon.

After seeing Sruti's post we can come to an idea tat min 2 weeks for status chg in USCIS.lets wait for this first change atleast. :(

regds
kanna

OBLAKE-RFE response

Hey OBLAKE,

How did you receive the decision? did you get an online update or did your lawyer receive a mail/email?

I am waiting for my response in a very similar situation and its been 8 days today that my rfe response was received by them...

thanks,
rg

oblake said:
Submitted on May 17, 2006 Texas Service Center
Premium Processing petition filed Sept 27, 2006
RFE requested on Sept 29, 2006
Evidence submitted and received Oct. 4, 2006
Positive decision received on Oct. 12, 2006

I wish you all the best in your petitions and pray that the peace of God will be with you all during the petition process.

education evaluation means - USCIS wants to see whether the beneficiary's foreign degree is equivalent to US degree from an accredited Institution of higher education in the united states.

kannappan said:
Hi

My RFE was abt the degre certificates Evaluation.I really i hv no clue wt is Evalutaion of certificates !!
But my RFE was replied to USCIS on Oct 20th and yet to receive any further updates. :(
wt abt others?? is there anyone in ths situation?

regds
kanna

education evaluation means - USCIS wants to see whether the beneficiary's foreign degree is equivalent to US degree from an accredited Institution of higher education in the united states.

regards'
susee

suseenagu said:

regards'
susee

Hy guys.

got a change in the USCIC website mentioning that my RFE response was recived by them on Nov 2. My lawyer actullay sent them on Oct 19/20.

"On November 2, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. "

The abv mesg was the xact phrase from the website.

Did anyone get approval after such mesg ??

regds
kanna

kannappan said:
Hy guys.

got a change in the USCIC website mentioning that my RFE response was recived by them on Nov 2. My lawyer actullay sent them on Oct 19/20.

"On November 2, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. "

The abv mesg was the xact phrase from the website.

Did anyone get approval after such mesg ??

regds
kanna

Yes USCIS has approved many cases in related to RFE matters. If your attorney has submitted all documents required by USCIS, then definetely your case will be approved.
regards,
Suseenagu

suseenagu said:
Yes USCIS has approved many cases in related to RFE matters. If your attorney has submitted all documents required by USCIS, then definetely your case will be approved.
regards,
Suseenagu

Hi

Any idea hw much it takes after the docs rechg the uscis..in ur case hw many days it took to get approval after the uscis recived the docs?

regds
kanna

My case was approved one week after USCIS received the additional documents from me which they requested in their RFE.

If it has been over one month since you sent your additional documents, I would suggest you tell your attorney to write a letter to the USCIS.