H1B extension processing time

Moona

Registered Users (C)
Anybody got the I-797 for H1B renew from Vermon Center? Please tell me how long time it took from filing to receiving. I need to travel to Canada at the beginning of Apr. 2004 and my H1B is expiring at 02/01/2004. My company laywer is filing the H1B renew request by the end of Dec. 2003. I am not sure I can get the approval before I leave. Do I have to file for the premium processing? Or the regular H1B renew can be turned into premium processing by paying $1000 after the renew is filed as regular processing? Thanks.

H1B extension

My lawyer just sent me an e-mail today that she'd received the
approval notice on my H1B extension along with my wife's H4 today. However, the uscis web site still shows my status pending for 60 - 120 days as of today.

My case as follows:

RD - Aug. 26, 2003
AD - Dec. 11, 2003

Cheers,
uksuro

H1 7th Year extension

I have applied for my 7th year extension,3rd dec 2003. Receipt and UCIS website says 60-120 days. Lets see when i get thru.

Premium Processing

HI Moona
I had applied on h1 extension on Sep 18(RD) still not yet approved.I needed to travel since from december. I have lost the hopes...
I had applied for PremiumProcessing and hoping to get aproved within 15 days.

Jay

Very close , but still waiting

If I need to check the H1 extension processing time in www.aila.org
When I open the report for 1/7/2004
Should I check the line with

I-129 | Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S.| August 29, 2003

or the line above this ?

Why there is no line with form I797 ?

Re: Premium Processing

When did you apply for premium processing ? and wat does ur lawyer say for chance's of approval?

Is it 15 working days or totally 15 days for premium processing ?

Originally posted by jay22
HI Moona
I had applied on h1 extension on Sep 18(RD) still not yet approved.I needed to travel since from december. I have lost the hopes...
I had applied for PremiumProcessing and hoping to get aproved within 15 days.

Jay

Approved

Hi
Mine was upgraded to Premiuam Processing on Jan 13 and was Approved!!! on jan 21.
Websites says the approval notice mail was sent on 21 but doest means that i get in 3-4 days(avg uspostal time) or is there any delay once the h1b is approved?

Does anybody know how many daysit take to recieve the papers on hand once they say its approved????? Please let me know

Hope..
As far i know I would look under I29-extension to stay if yours is normal case where you just extended for h1b(without the company transfer or change in status kind of think).
not sure above info helps or not

Jay

Any approvals of Sept extensions?

I was wondering if there are any approvals for extensions
with a September ND?

- mark

Hello,

Just to track, I have my H1b extension filled on 2nd Dec and I haven't got any response yet.

Lets keep updating this site for tracking purposes.

Thanks

All:

Hold your breath! IT is averaging 6-9 months to get H-1B extension approved without RFE's. If there is an RFE add another 2-3 months to the processing time!