H1B extension client letter

h1bjava

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for my H1B extension in apr 2009 for the start date of oct 1st 2009. I have been with the same client for the last 3 years. Following are my concerns:

My client doesn't give any reference letters as per their HR policy. But we have all contract docs/purchase orders from the client since oct 2006. The client extends the project only every 6 months and this has been happening since 3 years. But if USCIS asks a letter/contract which covers the entire contract period for which the H1B extension is requested, what are my options? Please let me know.

I also need answer for this.
I have received RFE mostly asking for the Client Letter, Client Contract with actual project dates.

My contract with the client is there for only 6 months.
My client generally does not give client letters and also since it is TARP funded, they are being more cautious now with H1B candidates.
Now if I force for client letter, they may even probably cancel my contract.

In this case, what I should do?
Without the client letter and contract only for 6 months, how can I respond to this RFE?
Also, if I ask one of my co-worker to compose a client letter and send that to USCIS, will they call back and confirm if it is correct? (mainly because my client is TARP funded)

Please suggest

You need not force anything. Your employer should provide their contract with the client. Do they have one?

you need to get a copy of the contract from the client. They really dont need to give you any letter. always there should be a contract. if your coy has no contract with end client still you got to get copies of both (your coy-middle-end client). internal project may not work. I got level 2 security clearance (working in nuclear) still I produced this stuff and they approved it. so even if you cant get end client letter thats fine.

i dont have a contract that shows that it is for 3 years, which is the period of the extension that i am asking for.
the project almost certainly is ending in 2 weeks, so it wont help anyways

same case for me. My project ends in 2 months. Even if i produce contract between my company and Vendor, vendor and client, and PO for 2 months, i am sure the visa will get rejected or valid only for 2 months?
what can I do in this case?

Hi,
As you mentioned you got your H1b approved after RFE, could you please tell me what documents you produced when you received RFE?

documents

I provided contracts between my company and vendor, vendor and client, po from client for 6 months, letter from vendor, letter from client both stating that my project is there for 6 months and may be extended at that time.