H1B cap exempt issue..

Funky800

Hi I have been in the US working for a company for a year and recently accepted a new job opportunity.

The new company told me that transferring my H1B was something they had done all the time and they had. However today we find out unknown to me that my H1B which still has 2 years to run is a cap Exempt one?

They informed me that because of my current employer being a non profit organisation I cannot transfer my visa. So its put a complete halt on everything.

The options to me are carry on working with the current employer in some respect and i would hold a con current H1B with two employers. However anyone will quickly realise that is not really a viable option.. I am leaving the employer for a new one. They wont entertain this no way.

My question is this. I have been with my GF for nearly a year. I planned to propose to her anyway in November our anniversary and she would have been relocating with me to the new job.

How would marriage help my situation? We were going to move to the new state, i would have my new job and i was going to open a franchise in the new state which my GF already runs one where we are now. ( i can own a business on a H1B just not work for it already checked that )

I was planning on leaving my current job in 1 month and starting my new one beg sep 2014.

if we were to marry ahead of time ( and as i said its not my ideal as i had it planned alot differently ) would that enable me to circumvent my issue in any way?

Any help appreciated. We both are happy with this to a point as we cannot open the business or i cannot get my new role unless we take the job. But i wanted to know how soon i can work for the other company if we are married and all forms are put in for my EAD?

Thanks

I guess I am asking how long after we are married will it take to get my EAD?

Also if I already have H1B cap exempt and SSN will this speed things up for me?