H1B Cancellation

mbshyam

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,

I urgently need clarification in the situation which I am facing. I am a student on a F1 visa, this year my H1B was approved bu I decided to study further so I enrolled in the master's program. My H1B is approved and left the company on agreed terms but due to oversight my H1B was not canceled. Now my international advisor informed me that SEVIS has removed my name from the system due to the change in status to H1b. I have informed my company and they have sent fax to USCIS to cancel my H1b.

My question is there a particular time to cancel the H1b as it is now past Oct 1 and what is the way that SEVIS or I will know that H1b is cancelled and SEVIS can get my name back in the system.

Appreciate it.
Thanks,
Shyam

You H1B Status get invalid after it expires. I think there is not time period to cancel it.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Greetings,

I urgently need clarification in the situation which I am facing. I am a student on a F1 visa, this year my H1B was approved bu I decided to study further so I enrolled in the master's program. My H1B is approved and left the company on agreed terms but due to oversight my H1B was not canceled. Now my international advisor informed me that SEVIS has removed my name from the system due to the change in status to H1b. I have informed my company and they have sent fax to USCIS to cancel my H1b.

My question is there a particular time to cancel the H1b as it is now past Oct 1 and what is the way that SEVIS or I will know that H1b is cancelled and SEVIS can get my name back in the system.

Appreciate it.
Thanks,
Shyam