H1B Approved. Left company before effective date. Confusion over my current visa status. Please help

WinWin91

Hi,

While I was on OPT F1, I got my H1B approved on May 1st, 2014. I left
the company which filed my H1B, before Oct 1st, 2014, the effective date.
Now being in US, I am unsure of my visa status as I am not sure whether that H1B has been revoked or not and also when was it revoked if at all it was.

As per the instructions mentioned at(please replace dot with . symbol and slash with / symbol as it's not allowing me to post the link directly!) www dot uscis dot gov slash working-united-states slash temporary-workers slash h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-fashion-models slash extension-post-completion-optional-practical-training-opt-and-f-1-status-eligible-students-under-h-1b-cap-gap-regulations, it all depends on whether the company withdrew H1B before the effective date or not. One question - These instructions at USCIS website seem to apply to those under cap-gap which means one's OPT F1 expired before his/her H1B effective date. So, if that's the case, none of these instructions apply to me as my OPT F1's end date is somewhere in 2015. Any thoughts
on this?

Can anyone help me in figuring out my visa status? Is there any way to
know one's H1B to be valid or not, or one's OPT F1 to be valid or not?
By the way, my OPT F1 is mentioned to end on Feb 2015.

Please let me know if I need to provide any other information so that
I can be assisted in this regard. Also, if I need to contact a immigration
attorney, please suggest the best and who can advise me in the fastest
possible manner.

Any help in this regard is immensely helpful as I am wondering when
to leave US if at all I have to depending upon whether I am on H1B
or not.

Thanks.