H1 Visa Revalidation Experiences - Mumbai Consulate

I have applied for a UK tourist visa. I recently received a letter from British embassy regarding the same but it doesn't necessarily state anything (like rejection or missing documents ). I need to verify the same. Does anyone have a copy of UK visa rejection letter that I can get ? E-mail me at harikatlera@gmail.com

Filling up DS 156

I have my H1 from a company "A" in USA. I am still working for my current company "B" in India. I have not resigned yet. I am going for my stamping. In the DS 156 form, What should I fill in the following item as ?

Current Employer ? Should this be the company "A" ie USA company or Company "B" in India.

I appreciate your replies.

Hi all,

I currently have approved I140 and filed I485. I am currently on 7th yr H1 with approved I797 for another 3 yrs. My previous H1 visa expired in May 2007. Now, my question is this

Do I have to go to India for H1 visa revalidation or I can get visa revalidation from any other country like Mexico or Canada?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Why not use advance parole instead of having all the pain for getting visa stamped?

Hi all,

I currently have approved I140 and filed I485. I am currently on 7th yr H1 with approved I797 for another 3 yrs. My previous H1 visa expired in May 2007. Now, my question is this

Do I have to go to India for H1 visa revalidation or I can get visa revalidation from any other country like Mexico or Canada?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

urgenlty need help

Hello All,
I am going to stamp for H1b visa (for the first time)at mumbai consulate on 27th August,2007.
When my employer filed for the patition, I was in Toronto,Canada. So on my H1b patition approval they state Toronto under class consulate or POE. And on the application that my employer prepared for me to present at US consulate they have mentioned mumbai consulate address. Can I go for stamping at Mumbai consulate under this situation ? If not what should I do ?
Please somebody help me.

Thanks,

Hi all,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

You can go to Mexico / Canada but be sure to carry your educational evaluations (if applicable). If your AP is approved, you may use that as an alternative.

Hello All,
I am going to stamp for H1b visa (for the first time)at mumbai consulate on 27th August,2007.
When my employer filed for the patition, I was in Toronto,Canada. So on my H1b patition approval they state Toronto under class consulate or POE. And on the application that my employer prepared for me to present at US consulate they have mentioned mumbai consulate address. Can I go for stamping at Mumbai consulate under this situation ? If not what should I do ?
Please somebody help me.

Thanks,

If you are an Indian citizen (or country of birth) it should not be a problem ... talk to your employer about this.

If you are an Indian citizen (or country of birth) it should not be a problem ... talk to your employer about this.

hi manwithnoname,
Thanks.
Yes I am an Indian citizen. I talked with my employer too. They said that just explain your situation if you are asked about it.

Security Clearance because of name check

I was stuck in March 2006 for name check in Security Cleanrace and I got after 4 months. I saw some of the forum and found that time frame has increased to 9 months now. I want to know upto how many years security clearance is valid ? I heard it is valid for a year. Please confirm. I need to go India on vacation and thinking what will happen this time ? Please advise. If anybody went second time for stamping after facing secuirty clearance issue for the first time.

I went to mumbai consulate 3 times for H1 But got a dated stamp on my passport
I dont what that means please help
Also requested for a letter to write to the consulate

I was in us from 1990 onwards I did my bachelors in Computer Science from Detroit. in 1999, I worked for 2 1/2 years and came back to india...
I went to mumbai consulate 3 times for withh all the documents and everything hoping to get a h1 visa stamp. instead got a dated stamp on my passport,
I dont know what it means please help.

Can anyone tell me what documents to send to Mumbai consulate for H1 visa revalidation and also for H4 revalidation. According to immihelp site you just have to send the DS-156, DS-157, the additional questionaire and the original I-797. The degree certificates and experience letters are not to be sent? Also should the I-94 will have to be submitted at the airport so should we submit the original I-797 without the I-94 part?
Please someone answer my questions as need to send it by next week since appointment is for 12th Dec.

Degree certificate / Experience letters will be necesary at the time of interviw. Yes, you have to submit the I-94 at the airport so that a departure record is generated.

Urgent: Return to US on Advanced parole?

Forum members,

I need your help. My wife and I are in India on vacation.

My wife went to US consulate, Mumbai for H1B visa stamping. However, her passport was returned along with a white document to fill out for verification of technical qualification and asked to email the requested forms to an email address for verification. (Please note: This is different from I797 verfication that started a month or so back) She was told that it might take 2 weeks or so to verify the technical qualification which will stretch her vacation beyond her original return date.

Q1) Can she return on a valid advanced parole document? Will she have issues during secondary inspection in US based on her experience at US consulate in Mumbai?

Q2) Does anyone have info on what technical qualification is all about?

Please respond. Thanks in advance.

Iam working on an H1 visa for a non profit organization, funded by New York state, providing services to autistc Adults. I came here in 1999 transfered from b1 to H1, H1 expiring in Oct 2005. .. Have'nt been to India since, no stamping on my Passport yet, have'nt travelled anywhere.... Want to go to home India (mumbai) for Xmas, my pay scale's not too high, in the mid 30k range!!..

Security Clearance because of name check

I have my H1 Visa interview in the month of Feb'08. During my last visa stamping in Feb 2005 , they took my full fingerprints. It took about 3 months to verify the fingerprints. Finally, they approved the visa and added a comment on my visa saying "Not same as class entry". Will it happen again this year when I go for stamping? And if it happens, is there a way to expedite it because I have to return to US in 3 weeks. Please advise.
If anybody went second time for stamping after facing secuirty clearance issue for the first time ??

Hi, I was wondering if getting my visa stamped in Mumbai would be a good idea.

I left Mumbai with an F1 visa in 2001. Completed my BS is Biochemistry and am currently working in IT field with an H1 that is expiring in Sep 2008.
I have an approved labor and am going to apply for an H1 renewal sometime in March.
But I want to go to Mumbai for a short trip (before my H1 renewal procedure is done) and was wondering if it would be a good idea to get my visa stamped with a Biochem background and IT field of work.

What do you guys suggest?

Also, what is the procedure for getting an appointment at the US consulate in Mumbai? Do I have to pay first, before taking a look at the available dates?

Thanks in advance.

You can get the visa revalidated at Mumbai, India. For visa revalidation procedure, please start from here. Also, please check whether your profession is included in the TAL list here.

Last edited by a moderator: