H1 transfer while extension is pending

Dhoorjati

Registered Users (C)
Hi Experts,

I need help with my situation. I have applied for H1 extension recently and my current Petition has expired. Can I apply for H1 transfer while my extension is pending? Please let me know.

Dhoorjati.

Technically, that is possible, but your 2nd H1 transfer won't be approved until the 1st one gets approved.

Thanks!!!

Hi GotPR,

Thanks for the response. My only concern was whether I can apply for H1 Transfer and start working once I get the receipt number.

As you mentioned, If my current employer stops the extension process, what would happen to my H1 transfer? Would the process still continue? Pl. let me know.

Thanks,
Dhoorjati.

I am in same situation, Can you please tell how it got resolved.
Is it ok to apply for transfer when an extension is pending

Thanks

Since you already filed the extension in time, you are in-status. as long as your current emplyer revokes the petition things should work out. In order to be safe, you can file the new H-1B transfer in premium processing before working for the new employer.

Hi,

My H1 Extension from current employer is applied on Sep-18-2015 in regular processing and I94 Expired on Sep-30-2015. The decision is still pending with USCIS as of today, due to severe delays. My employer is going for premium processing as my 240 day limit is fast approaching.

1. Can I apply for an H1 transfer to a different company at this time? Would it cause problems if my current employer extension is RFE/Rejected/Approved.

2. Can you please let me know if I could transfer to H4 using my wife H1, to stay in the USA.

3. Do I have to leave USA after 240 day limit.

Thanks,
Ram