H1 to PERM Process for a Canadian Citizen born in India

mail_canada

Hey,

Thank you for your time and efforts in answering questions.

I am a Canadian Citizen, born and have a Bachelors in Computer Engineering in India. Originally came to US on TN Visa but had an intention of dual citizenship so request my Employer to stay in US for long so they helped me to convert my visa status to H1-B and my first term is about to get over in August 2011. I had a recent conversation with my Employer who are done with first step of accomplishing the DOL Prevailing Wage.

Please help if you know the answers to the questions below. Some of them are basic bud will help me communicating to my Employer in future so please reply me.

1) What the chances of refusal from USCIS on my case? I am currently working for my current employer since last 4 years with current title as Solution Architect.

2) When deciding if an application is put to a backlog center, is there citizenship considered or their country of birth?

3) If there a website somewhere which shows you what is the backlog for Canadian citizens or India origin?

4) How should I communicate my Employer so that things get well placed to either speed up the process? The reason for this question is my SVP is willing to help me out to speed up the process if possible.

Thank you for your time.

God bless.

Thanks.

US processing is determined by country of birth. You cannot jump the line by getting citizenship elsewhere. Wait your turn!!!

Visa Bulletin at the Department of State site lists priority processing dates.

Yes, you can be denied a GC since even you must go through the PERM process. Read about it.

You don't need to give any directions to your employer. He and his attorney will take care of it. Your involvement can taint the process and result in denial. They will handle the details and it is quite possible that you cannot get through the labor process due to the high unemployment rate of IT professionals in the US. All you need to worry about is responding to their requests for documents and information from you.