H1 to GC Conversion thro marriage to a Citizen.

coolglobal

Hi All,

I have just married a US citizen and am on an H1B.
What would I need to do to get my Green Card processed.
If anyone has been thro\' something like this or is well informed about such a case, I\'d appreciate some information.
I did not see any thread herein that said much about a case like this.

Thanks,
coolglobal@yahoo.com

No Title

Thanks JoeF. I\'d also like to know how long the processing of the I130 and I485 will take?
Also until the 485 is processed, can I work if I leave my current employer or will my new employer need to get me an H1?

No Title

You can apply for EAD and Advance Parole together with your I-485.
Once you get your EAD you can work for any company.
Family based petitions are processed at local INS. The timeframe depends on your location. From one of my friends experience 2 years ago in Boston: time to EAD - 3 months, time to GC - 9 months.

No Title

Thanks. Any idea where I can get the latest processing times. I was looking at the link - National Processing times -i485.. at the immigration.com site. Am I on the right track?
Also is there an expiration on an EAD or is it easy to renew?

coolglobal@yahoo.com

No Title

EAD is valid for 1 year.
It is easy to renew.
For I-130 and family based I-485 search for your district INS processing times.

Joef and a701440,

I have a question about the Medical exmination I-693 that is filed.
Do I need to do it with the I-130/I-485? Or let me put it this way - Is it benefecial to get it done and submitted along with the I-130.
The form says that the District office will intimitate me accordingly when medicals has to be done.
I am looking at reducing the amount of trips and time spent at the INS.

Thanks,
coolglobal1

I have no idea about anything. Ask dsfgh100 who is 100% correct about everything. dsfgh100 is the best immigration guru on this board.

I have no idea about anything. Ask dsfgh100 who is 100% correct about everything. dsfgh100 is the best immigration guru on this board.