H1(New) Premium processing vs regular

madhuri_dhar

Registered Users (C)
My husband is currently on an OPT(F1) which expires in Sept. this year. Meanwhile he got a job offer and his employer is willing to sponsor his H1 (VSC) under regular category

Any suggestions if we should pay an extra $1000 and get the premimum processing done instead. How long will it take for VSC to atleast send a receipt notice saying his application is under processing.

What if his OPT expires before his H1 is approved? Will he not be able to work until his H1 comes through (even though he has the receipt notice)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

madhuri

current trends indicate that if your husband's company applies within say the next 2 weeks, his H1 should come through by Aug (barring no RFEs - request for evidence which can cause delays). I say so, because my wife applied for H1B on Feb 7th and got a response on April 22 (RFE).

If you want peace of mind, put down the extra 1000 bucks and go for premium.

No he cannot start work unless he has an approved H1B. receipt ain't good enough.

CalvinX

Thankyou so much for replying.

Did you wife get it approved on Apr22 or she got an RFE on Apr22? Did she opt for premium too ?
When did she get the receipt notice?

thanks again!

Thankyou so much for replying.

Did you wife get it approved on Apr22 or she got an RFE on Apr22? Did she opt for premium too ?
When did she get the receipt notice?

thanks again!