H1 for students who have graduated in US

harshiitb

I graduated (Masters) in Aug 2005 (though my OPT started in Jan 2005) and have the following questions:

- Can I apply for H1 in the 20,000 quota after October 2005 (assuming that the quota is still available)?

- If the quota expires, then when can I apply for H1 for the next year. I know that the H1 is issued immediately after verification for people on OPT (meaining I need not wait till October 2006), but I want to know what will be the start date for 20,000 student quota applications next year.

Thanks.

harshiitb said:
I graduated (Masters) in Aug 2005 (though my OPT started in Jan 2005) and have the following questions:

- Can I apply for H1 in the 20,000 quota after October 2005 (assuming that the quota is still available)?

Yes, If you have your Degree certificate in your hand
- If the quota expires, then when can I apply for H1 for the next year.

OCT 2006 for Y 2007 quota

I know that the H1 is issued immediately after verification for people on OPT (meaining I need not wait till October 2006), but I want to know what will be the start date for 20,000 student quota applications next year.

There are lot of visas (20,000 quota) are availble try to file H1 ASAP

Thanks.

Thanks, also which processing at this stage

Thank you very much for the answers. My employer has applied for the H1B visa.

Do you suggest me to go for premium processing AT THIS STAGE? Does it help over the regular processing?

Thanks,

harshiitb said:
Thank you very much for the answers. My employer has applied for the H1B visa.

Do you suggest me to go for premium processing AT THIS STAGE? Does it help over the regular processing?

Thanks,

At this point of time, Aug 11 (AM) , no one knows how much quota may be remaining or all get exhausted. On Fourth Aug it was just 6,000 remaining.

You may be too late for premium.