H1 extension question

arihant

Registered Users (C)
My 8th year extension was filed on June 14th. My case still says pending. It has a receipt number starting with WAC. My lawyer says she has contacted USCIS on oct 3rd and that we need to wait a month for the response.

1) What does WAC mean. In the past, I always got a receipt number with SRC.
2) How do I know which center is processing my case.
3) How long is it typically taking for H1 processing. I have checked USCIS's website and it gives widely varying dates for each center.
4) Can I convert to premium now if I want to.
5) Has anybody had any luck contacting them directly to enquire about individual cases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

arihant said:
My 8th year extension was filed on June 14th. My case still says pending. It has a receipt number starting with WAC. My lawyer says she has contacted USCIS on oct 3rd and that we need to wait a month for the response.

1) What does WAC mean. In the past, I always got a receipt number with SRC.
2) How do I know which center is processing my case.
3) How long is it typically taking for H1 processing. I have checked USCIS's website and it gives widely varying dates for each center.
4) Can I convert to premium now if I want to.
5) Has anybody had any luck contacting them directly to enquire about individual cases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Western Area Center
2. CSC - California
3. at least 4-5 months
4. yes. send a copy of your receipt notice and the PP form and $1000 check

Thank you

Thanks for your quick and informative response. Any idea how long the conversion would take?

arihant said:
Thanks for your quick and informative response. Any idea how long the conversion would take?

as soon as USCIS receives your PP request they have 15 days to adjudicate the H1-B petition.

USCIS says it needs more time

My lawyer contacted USCIS on Oct 3rd. We got a response on Oct 30th. Here is the response:

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 3 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number procided below."

What do they mean by additional review? THey have me worried. I thought it was a simple 8th year extension! Anyone experienced or heard of similar cases? I am pushing my employer to switch this to premium processing. Is this a good idea? Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

A very worried H1B filer :(