H1-B visa stamping delay - Riyadh US embassy

sskarim13

Hi,

I'm a Yemeni passport holder and have been living and working in Chicago fpr the past 10 years. Ive been working with the same company for the past three years last got my passport stamped in Dec 2009. This Jan my H1 got extended for another 3 years, since my employer started my green card process in 2009.

So, here's my problem. I travelled to Riyadh for work related meetings, and applied for my re-entry visa or visa stamp at Riyadh US embassy. Due to problems in Yemen I wasnt planning to go there and anyways the embassy in Yemen was not accepting any non-immigrant applications in April and May.

My interview was on April 23rd, and its almost 3 weeks and am still waiting for the admin prcoess to complete. Typically it took not more than two days when I applied in Yemen. Now, I'm stuck out of the country and the risk of losing my job, what can i do to expedite the process?

Things have changed dramatically due to recent conditions in Yemen.

You can do nothing. Your company should be in contact with their attorney about your status. If you are a valued employee, they will be understanding of your situation. Keep in touch with the proper people at your company.