H1-B Visa cancelled at Delhi Embassy

Raju678

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys, I need your valuable opinion about my problem. I have been on a H1-B visa for last 6 years. for last 5 years i had worked for Company A and recently I joined company B and got my H1-B extension for the 7th year on the basis of a pending I-140 with company B.

In 2003 when my wife went to Delhi embassy to get a H4 for my H1 with previous employer, the embassy refused her visa stating that they would investigate Company A because of its small size.

We waited for 6 months for the embassy enquiry to finish but when they didn't make a decision, I switched to company B, got my visa transferred and visa extension approved.

When I went to Delhi embassy for getting my visa extension stamped, the Delhi embassy put a Cancelled stamp on my previous visa stamps and did not stamp the new visa for my new company. Now I don't have a visa to get back to the country. Embassy states that until the inquiry about the previous employer finishes they can not grant me the visa. The problem is that they have been doing the inquiry for last one year and I am not sure how long would they take to complete the inquiry.

Its been two and a half weeks and they have not taken a decision. I don't know what would I do with my apartment and car and other bills if they don't take a decision for time ahead.

Any suggestions from you guys would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you so much
Raju

No it was a company started by an American in the boom time. I don't think it has previous violations since the owner of the company did not put much effort to hire additional people. Since my contract with my client was extended year after year, I did not leave the company. I was paid properly as per the terms of my visa and I have been paying my taxes properly too.

JoeF said:
Contact an immigration lawyer ASAP!

Thanks a lot Joe, An immigration lawyer is working on it and I am also trying to contact a senator.

Are you guys aware of any other law/rule that can help me or at least speed up the process.

Thanks