H1-B premium processing - filed on 26th May

sharma_gunjan

My H-1B application was filed at INS on 26th May'04 on premium. As per the norms, i should have recieved approval or denial notice or query etc. within 15 calendar days but i have not recieved anything though four weeks have passed... please help.
NOTE: I have not recieved any reciept notice from INS. How long does it take to get a reciept notice after filing.

My employer submitted my H1B visa on June 4th 2006 to the Vermont Center and it's been 30 days already and I have not heard anything either. P I waiting for my H1b visa in my home country, once I receive it I will travel to the US, my job is in Academia. lease, help us to understand what is happening.

To Sharma

Hi Sharma,
Iam having the same problem...i applied for H1B extension in premium and i didnt receive my receipt notice no still now......its been three weeks.....and my H1B will get expire in sep 30,2007...can i still stay in US....do u have any updates....my friends said that I can still stay in the US since my application has been posted before the expire date......any help please.....

Thanks,

venky

Typically when you file a petition under premium processing, USCIS will e-mail to an attorney a kind of electrical version of a receipt notice, in addition to mailing a printed notice. Compared to a printed version of it, the electrical version reaches pretty fast, usually within a couple of days after they receive a petition. The electrical version contains a filing # assigned by them.

This may not be your cases, but if you haven't asked, check if your company's attorney has received this e-mail from the Premium Processing Unit.