1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H-1 visa stamping

Discussion in 'General H-1 and H-3 Visa and Related Issues' started by mks007, Sep 9, 2006.

1. mks007

mks007 New Member

Hi,

I have a current H1-B approval which is valid until Feb'07 and my renewal has been filed recently. I have a trip planned to India in the month of Nov'06 and I have already taken a visa appointment based on my current approval (Feb'07) .

I was wondering if I can use the new I-797 approval (assuming I get the approval before my travel) to get the visa stamp?

Is this something anyone tried before? Appreciate your response.

Thanks
    MS

2. subramanya

subramanya Registered Users (C)

Visa Stamping

I have a current H1-B approval which is valid until Feb'07 and my renewal has been filed recently. I have a trip planned to India in the month of Nov'06 and I have already taken a visa appointment based on my current approval (Feb'07) .

I was wondering if I can use the new I-797 approval (assuming I get the approval before my travel) to get the visa stamp?

Is this something anyone tried before? Appreciate your response.

---- Yes, the new I-797 should be presented to the VO for your visa stamp such that you get a visa stamp till the validity period of this I-797, else your visa will only be till Feb'07 if you present the current H1B approval notice

Subramanya