Gurus pl. help....I 94 expiring

october_rd

Registered Users (C)
My friend\'s I-94 is expiring this month. This I94 was from her previous employer. She has travelled out of the country and returned on this I-94 even when she had her new employer\'s H1B. Somehow she forgot to give the new I-94 at the time of entry. Now her lawyer is refusing to file her I-140 till she does not go to Canada and get a new I-94 stamped on her passport. Is he justified.
Need your input on this please.

Exactly the same happend to me. We went to Canada

My lawyer, I trust him, did not want any gaps in I-94s meaning out-of-status stay,( the corresponding entry/exit stamps on passport would show gaps when filed with I-485) and told me to get a new I-94 at border post.
Make sure you visit Canada while there are still a few weeks left on your I-94 else getting a Canadian visa would be tough.Take an employment letter and pay stubs when you apply for Canadian visa, I was asked at the interview.

No Title

You can do one more thing, You can go to Mexico and come back again on same day, so that when u come back at Port of entry, they will issue you a new I-94 based on ur current emploter\'s I-94. You can go to El paso,Texas and drive to Mexico. FOr going to mexico u need to apply for a mexican permit

Thanks
Virginia Boy

I94 related. Pl. help

Hello Experts, I need help badly..

I last entered US in Aug 2000. Mi H1 visa stamped in the passport was expiring in Aug 2000 and so I 94 also became Aug 2000. Eventhough I had a new H1 approval with Company B with whom I was working at that time, I forgot to show.

After this I changed company again (Comp C)and got another H1 approval in July 2001 which expires in 2003. But I never stamped my this in passport. Now I got my Labor approved thru my current emlyr Comp C and they are applying for I140. I was always legal in this country since my entry in to US in Nov 1998.

Q> Is there any problem in filing I140 or 485 or will the I94 in the H1 approval good enough?
Q> Can I send my paspport to US Embassy inside US and get my visa stamped (some body said after 1 Yr I need to go out of country to stamp)?

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanx
Thomas