• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Greencard lottery and mariage

FabioMontale

Hello!

I'm Lionel, from France.
My girlfriend has just been selected to the greencard lotery! We are so excited.
But we are afraid. We planned to mary, not now, but in 1 or 2 years.
Please help us :

- Do we have to mary before filling up and sending the DS260 form? If yes, it will take a few month and it worries me.

- Can she fill up the DS260 form without being married? Will it be an issue for me?

Thank you so much.

Hello!

I'm Lionel, from France.
My girlfriend has just been selected to the greencard lotery! We are so excited.
Please help us :

- Do we have to mary before filling up and sending the DS260 form? If yes, it will take a few month and it worries me.

- Can she fill up the DS260 form without being married? Will it be an issue for me?

Thank you so much.

I think you can get married after selection and include you in the DS260 as long as you can prove it was an existing relationship before the selection.

Thank you for your answer.
How can she include me in the DS260 without being married?
There is no box to fill for "boyfriend"!

Thank you for your answer.
How can she include me in the DS260 without being married?
There is no box to fill for "boyfriend"!

By getting married before filing DS260 or you can wait until she migrates then she can petition for you.. that will take a while as a green card holder

Hello!

I'm Lionel, from France.
Please help us :

Thank you so much.

If you want to benefit from your girlfriend's DV selection, you'll need to get married - which is advisable to do so - before submitting the DS-260 form. You'll need to presents proves of an existing relation prior to her DV selection when you go for the interview.

Yes, she can still submit the DS260 form without being married, she however cannot mention you - a boyfriend is not a derivative. The next option would be for her to sponsor you if you guys end up getting married. Bear in mind, sponsoring a spouse takes roughly about 2 years, and costs a lot more.

I read a lot of topics on a lot of forums.

How could I know if EU29XXX (France) has a chance to get the interview, this year? I think it is 50/50.
Is it a topic where selected people mention their numbers, so I could check if there is higher numbers than mine?

Thanks