greencard for my 20 yr old sister along with my parents:

The 5 year old certainly cannot enter under a work visa

If parents obtain GC, how else will the child travel to US?

Jim

I was kidding - DUH

The point is, HOW ELSE WILL THE 5 YEAR OLD ENTER THE COUNTRY?????

Jim

Minor Children of I-130 Beneficiary

So, if the children have to wait for the parent to petition for (as a permanent resident) them on a seperate I-130 form, will this be the normal 2-3 year wait? Even if they are minors under 18 years old or will their case be expedited? Timothy Garcia

It\'s normal as far as I know

The only way around this would be to petition for humanitarian parole but that\'s a very up-hill battle and probably would not be granted except for extreme situations.

Jim

Green card for Parents Question

Hi.

You probably have sponsored your parents for GC. I assume you are US citizen. I need to do the same and wondering how long whole process takes?

Thanks.

Green card for Parents Question

Hi.

You probably have sponsored your parents for GC. I assume you are US citizen. I need to do the same and wondering how long whole process takes?

Thanks.

Hi,
I recently filed for my parent`s greencard.I am a US citizen.I received a notice from the INS that the petition has been approved.Will my 20 yr old sister be eligible for her greencard along with my parents.What should I do to add her name?
Thanks a million for your response.Sam

Hi Sam485,
I wonder if the current immigration laws still grand permission for my sister who is under 17 years old going with my mom if I sponsor my mom to go to US for permanently.

Hi Sam485,
I wonder if the current immigration laws still grand permission for my sister who is under 17 years old going with my mom if I sponsor my mom to go to US for permanently.

The last response before yours was 16 years ago.

If you are a USC sponsoring your mother it is an immediate relative category, there are no derivatives so your sister cannot accompany her. Once your mom has arrived and has a green card she can sponsor your sister under F2A, which currently has approximately a 2-year wait.