greencard for my 20 yr old sister along with my parents:

Sam485

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I recently filed for my parent`s greencard.I am a US citizen.I received a notice from the INS that the petition has been approved.Will my 20 yr old sister be eligible for her greencard along with my parents.What should I do to add her name?
Thanks a million for your response.Sam

No Title

If she is less than 21 years old then she is automatically consider as minor child. This is the only application approved by INS. But it will take a very long time to get interview for your parents. So if your sister is under 21 years at the time of interview aboard at consulate then she will get automatically green card.
Thanks

No Title

Mr.Raj, would refer me to your source for this information. Thank you very much.

No Title

Sam, I am in US on H1 visa, My Parents got recently their GC. I am married. My one brother is in India and He is unmarried but over 21 years. When my parents visited for interview at New Delhi India , they asked about this inforamtion to the interviewer. She said if he is under 21 then no problem at all. Only important is that Who sponsered GC for parents He/She has to give a support letter for minor child also, that\'s it nothing much. That you can give very easily becuase it is in your hand. You have to notorised that.
My Father\'s brother sponsred my parents GC when they got a interview letter from New Delhi. I read all requiremnets New Delhi asked and prepaird my self and I took all supported documents from my UNCLE( Father\'s brother) like BANK STATEMNET, W2s, Tax returs , Support Letter whole bunch. And sent it to India.
I asked this Question New Delhi calling them on phone also about my brother who is over 21 years.
I hope it will help you !!
If need more information please let me know...
I have gone through all these....
Thanks

No Title

You have to give some documents at the time of Interview for your sister also. Then no problem at all...

No Title

I have done all this my self . That is the main source of information . If you feel that I am right then OK otherwise it is your own wish.

Thanks

No Title

I have interview letter for my Parents . If you need more details like what they asked let me know..

Hope it works !!
Thanks

No Title

Jack

That is true that she need to enter the country with her parents ofcourse with her passport. Jack, they do not stamp any thing now aboard at consulate. They just give you there a packet, that\'s it . No stamp on passport. While they will enter to United States they have to give that packet to Immigration officer at the Airport. They will stamp passport at the airport and will take finger print at the Air port itself. And then Immigration officer will say that you will get your Green card by mail with in 3-4 months at your residence.
While she(Minor child) is entering to US(Airport)She should not complete her 21 years. Does not matter that when she is entering to US( Airport) She is 20 years 11 months 29 days ( That \'s ggod enough to enter to US) If she compltes then she can not enter to US.
This is my practical exp.
Hope this works !!

Thanks

No Title

According to immigration officer that I talked to earlier today, my brother, 18 years old,(sister in your case) as minor child will get his( her) immigrant visa (90% chance) along with parents. You don\'t have to do anything else, you have filled out I-130 forms for your parents and some where in that form you have mentioned your sister and other members of family, that is all you have to do. In packet 3, your parents will indicate that your minor sister is going along and then it is up to consular to decide about her visa. Again, I was told he or she has a 90% chance of getting IV because of parents. Good luck.

No Title

Long Long time..... May be 10 years and even more...
You can check on the website Which date they are processing at NVC.
Now your case is with NVC, waiting for the periorty date.

Good Luck !!!

nope she cant come

Sorry, since you, a us citizen, filed for your parents, your brother/sister cannot come with them on a green card.

thats the law.

If your father\'s brother had applied, then its a whole different story. people always get confused with this case.

Accompanying brother and sister with mother

I am in the similar spot: I am sponsering my mother ( I am a US citizen) on a I-130 and have included my 14 and 16 year old brother and sister on my mother petition. Can you share your information with me about the information you have related to this? Our e-mail address is Deseos2716TJ@Yahoo.Com
Thank you, Jackie and Tim Garcia

Raj my sister is 19

Raj -
  My sister is 19, I filed I130 for my parents and included her name
on the form (listing of all the family members). She is here on F1 student visa, my plan is when my parents recieve approval to go to the consulate office in India, i will send her to India at the time.
Do you think they will approve her green card too along with my parent cause she is still under 21.

Any response would be appreciated. You can email me
 alijazz1@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance

No Title

If the kids are less than 16 they can travel with their parents
but I\'m not sure if they gonna get gc.

Not for Immediate Relatives

If parents obtain a GC based on an Immediate Relative filing by an US Citizen, children CANNOT obtain GCs as Derivatives. For ALL other GC categories, YES, but not for Immediate Relatives. That is why everyone is confused.

Jim

No Title

Whats the big deal. They will get regular turist visa and when parents become US citizens they can apply for their kids.

There is another law that states that minors like 5 year old can travel on their parents pasport.

Not for Immediate Relatives

The instructions for the I-130 state as follows:

2. For whom can you file?
    A. If you are a citizen, you may file this form for:
        1) your husband, wife, of unmarried child under 21 years old
        2) your unmarried child over 21, married child of any age
        3) your brother or sister if you are at least 21 years old
        4) your parent if you are at least 21 years

B. If you are a lawful permanent resident you may file this
        form for:
        1) your husband or wife
        2) your unmarried child

NOTE: If your relative qualifies under instruction A(2) or A(3)
         above, separate petitions are NOT required for his or her
         husband or wife or unmarried children under 21 years old.
         If your relative qualifies under instruction B(2) above,
         separate petitions are NOT required for his or her husband
         or wife or unmarried children under 21 years old. These
         persons will be able to apply for the same type of immigrant
         visa as your relative.

END OF QUOTE FROM FORM I-130

Based on the above quotation, it is apparent that spouses and unmarried children under 21 years old of relatives qualifying under sections A(1) (husband, wife, of unmarried child under 21 years old of US citizens), A(4) (parents of US citizens over 21 years old), and B(1)(spouses of GC holders) must submit separate petitions.

Jim