Green Card renewal after turning 14

liverman

Hello

We got green cards in April 2007 (2 parents and son) and our son was 13 years old then. He is now 16 and we realized that we were supposed to have replaced his green card when he turned 14. This happened when he went to get a temporary driving license. The card is valid until 2017 and we plan to apply for citizenship in April 2012.

Do we need to replace his green card before we apply for citizenship? Also, it looks like he would not be able to get his driving license unless he gets a new green card. Is it worth going through the hassle of applying for a new green card now if we will be applying for citizenship in a few months anyway?

I started filling in the application, but got stuck at the point why we are applying for the card. Is it going to be G1 or G2 if we do choose to apply?

Thank you all in advance.

Ravi

Ravi,
I presume, by now your son would a US citizen. And I congratulate in advance.
Did he face any problem in getting his green card renewed?
I am surprised the Driving License branch didn't process his application even though his green card was valid at the time.
My daughter will be 14 years in few days and am planning to apply for her card replacement.
Any experiences you share will be very helpful.
Thanks