• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Green card lottery

Che taylor

Mother born in Indonesia and I was born in China. My husband was born in England and my children born in Hong Kong. Can we apply for green card through the lottery with my mother?

If your parent(s)' stay in China as at the time of your birth was of a temporary nature and your father equally isn't born in China, you can charge to Indonesia, your mother's country of birth.

"You can be “charged” to the country of birth of either of your parents as long as neither of your parents was born in or a resident of your country of birth at the time of your birth. People are not generally considered residents of a country in which they were not born or legally naturalized, if they were only visiting, studying in the country temporarily, or stationed temporarily for business or professional reasons on behalf of a company or government from a different country other than the one in which you were born."

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam...s-Translations/DV_2015_Instructions.pdf#page8