Green card holder travel outside US for extended period of time

KCPLim

I am green card holder and I need to travel outside of US for more than a year. Currently I am unemploy. The resaon is I am getting a job in oversea which required me to work there for several years. Moreover, I did applied re-entry permit before, so that know I can't reapply. Is that any way for me to work in oversea and still maintain my US green card? Pls help! Thanks!

travel outside US for extended period

I also have the same concern about extended travel outside the US.
Does anyone know what should be said to an immigration officer when a GC holder has been away for over a year (3 years in fact!) and is returning to the US? Your advise is deperately needed. thanks.

from what i've heard ...

from what i've heard. GC holder need to be present in U.S every 6 months. ... but .. yeah I dunno whether that is a fact.

Miss Pink:
Coming to the US every 6months is NOT enough.
Take a look at all the posts about this and reentry permits on " Life after the GC"

KCPLim:
Even if you have already applied for a reentry permit, you can still apply again. However, it may raise some eyebrows and red flages for immigration officers.
Instead of getting a 2year permit, you could only get one year.
I feel concerned however because you said :
I am getting a job in oversea which required me to work there for several years
Several years is a problem !

To me, you sound like "have the cake and eat it too" : you want the GC, but you plan on living overseas for several years ( using your own words ).
Don't fool yourself, immigration officers are not stupid.