Green Card for Parents

fremontca24

Hello all,
I want to start green card process for my parents. My dad is not well and i want to bring my mom/dad to USA and then start green card process. It looks like i have to apply for I130 to begin with.
I have few questions :
1. Do i need to consider any factors in terms of applying in USA vs. applying in India?
Currently, they have 10 years visa. I wanted to start green card after they come here so that i can take care of process formalities locally.

2. I heard they can not leave the country if they have applied for I130 unless it is approved. Does anybody know what time frame are we talking about ?

3. Is there any option of getting expedited Green card because of medical condition?

4. They had difficulty getting birth certificates. It is difficult for them to travel much and get the birth certificates. What are some of the alternatives we have?

Dont take my opinion as legal advise but here are my thoughts.

1. Get them to the US then apply. Don't apply while they are in India.
2. If you apply I-130 while in India, their tourist visa will most likely be cancelled because they showed immigration intention.
3. Yes you can depending on how serious is the illness, you also need to have strong proof and medical reports. My relative got an expedite green card because he had terminal illness (cancer), and he was required to come to the US as last resort. He got his green card in like a month but sadly he passed away a few months after arriving to the US.
4. Without Birth certificates the process will take forever, and most likely it will get denied! Try to get them birth certificates replacement before coming to the US - it will make life easier.

Cheers

~P