Green card expires 3 days after I enter USA

Mhhsk

Hello.

I have lived in USA for the past 10 years and have never travelled outside USA for more than 30-40 days. I had to travel outside USA due to a family emergency on July 20. My return flight is August 28. I just realized that my green card expires August 31.
Will I be denied re-entry because of how soon my green card is expiring?
Should I change my flight and return sooner?
Can I/should I start the green card renewal application while abroad? Or should I wait til I get back?

Please help me. I'm freaking out. I have a life in USA and don't want to loose or risk anything

Once you are an LPR, you stay an LPR unless you lose status. They should be able to look you up in the system and verify you haven't lost your status and are not under any type of proceedings. It's always good to take of that stuff before an issue arises just to avoid an issue. Of course, this is dependent on a criminal history as well, as one could be denied re-entry.

You should be fine. Your green card is still valid by the time you go through the port of entry. The only kink might be the kiosk where you scan your green card as it might reject the scan and issue you a notification to head straight for the immigration officer's counter. Other than that, assuming you have no inadmissibility (criminal record, etc...), you should have no trouble re-entering the US. You can renew your green card once you're back in the country.