Green Card after divorce

indianlady

I am going in for a divorce in the next couple of months. I got my Green Card after marriage through my husband's compnay. Both my GC and my husband's GC are company-sponsored.

My husband is threatening to have my GC revoked after divorce. Can he do that legally or can I retain my GC after divorce?
Please advice.

Thanks.

Your GC is sponsored by his company ? Does it mean you are also working for the same company ?
If you I485 application is filed based on this clause "my spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children" , then you got your GC based on your husband.
Based on how long it has been since you got your GC approval, I think there is chance he can create a problem.

But this is based on my knowledge. It is always good to consult a attorney on this.

wish you good luck

He can't create any problems

Unless you were married for less than two years. Then there could be some problem. Talk to an attorney. It is not easy to revoke GC.

My first husband won green card lottery. that is how I got my green Card. After little more that a year of our Green card we got divorced. I am re married now and want to bring my second husband on my dependent. What are my options? Are there any good immigration lawyers I can contact?
Thank you all for your help.

My first husband won green card lottery. that is how I got my green Card. After little more that a year of our Green card we got divorced. I am re married now and want to bring my second husband on my dependent. What are my options? Are there any good immigration lawyers I can contact?
Thank you all for your help.

How long were you married to the DV winner prior to his winning the lottery?